a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Thursday 4 June 2015

The fun is beginning will be busy for a couple of days now

Oh oh slept in today.  So my bad habits are starting to come back again.  Must have need the sleep though.  Didn't do much turning or anything.   Didn't even notice when Darlyne got up.  


Yeah I have a room mate now.  No she is not sleeping in the tub.  I let her sleep in the bed.  See how generous I am.

So getting up a little late we headed over to have a brunch type breakfast at the diner across the street.  A big plate of food and for a diner it was delish.  Price was very good as well. We were looking at the home made pies. They where bringing out as we where leaving.  Wow they looked so good.  Thought about sitting down and having a piece.  No maybe later.

Well I am happy to say.  I did not make Darlyne walk anywere.  I actually hopped in the car and toured on a couple of streets.  I am not much for city driving but getting the walking tour down yesterday and the day before I have a rough idea of where to go now.    So out in the car we made it to value village first.  I seem a very nice dress there.  Yes colour of purple but I would have to stuff myself in to wear it. Just one size too small for me.  Aw shucks!!!

Our next stop was fabricland.  Oh oh that might have been a mistake, but you know I walked out of there with nothing.  I was looking for remnants and didn't see any.  Well my loss and I am empty handed.

There are two other stores I want to check out but that will have to wait until Sunday.  Saw a micheals and a hobby type shop.  Now I don't know if the hobby shop is models or is it other hobbies.  But if they are opened on Sunday I will probably take a look.  

Our last stop was over at west Edmonton mall.  We split up there and said we would meet back up together in a couple of hours at the skating rink.  So I walked down one side and then back up the other side.  Went down every offshoot and hope I didn't get myself turned around.  Saw the water park, mini golf, the seal show and the Pirates ship.  There was also Galaxy land.  And roller coaster.  I saw this beautiful out fit.  Looked kinda like what you would wear in the hippy era.  Bright colours with bell bottom pants and the top was loose fitting.  It was even in the colour with purple in it.  Perfect.  I just loved it.  Then the sales lady said.  I have one in a small and one in a medium.  Could you see me getting into a medium.  Ug!!  One strike.  Then I looked at the price. Well there is stricken two and three.  299.95.  And it was almost thinking it might be mine until I saw the price tag.  Oh well wasn't meant to be and walked back out.  Some of those bridal shop dresses are gorgeous though.  But what would I need another formal dress for.  I have a few in different types of styles now.  I know but it is not in this style.  Well I wouldn't be buying one anyways but it is sure fun to look at.

I guess I got my walking in today.  The mall did that for me.  So my exercise was done for the day.

Some more ladies have arrived at the hotel now.  Many of them I knew from other places I have been and had to say hi to as many as I could on the way by.  Still the quiet one though and not much for me to say.  Just my big beautiful smile.

It was about 3:00 now.  We come back up and I take a load off my feet for a little while.  We sit in the room and gab a bit while I have my feet up.  It was nice to sit and talk. As the next few days will be a whirlwind of activity.

Around 4:00 we got ourselves gussied up for the pirate dinner.  Go down to the lobby and all these pirates op are waiting for rides to the other hotel. Pictures are taken and many giggles are.  My new saying instead of a gaggle of geese we are a giggle of red and purple.  Na doesn't really sound right.  Got to work on that a bit.

Linda takes us down to the other end of the hotel.  There is a place there were she figures we can get a good picture.  So we all do the pose for her.  Scoot back down to the lobby and head over to another hotel where the dinner is being held.

I drive over to the hotel and notice another car following me.  Every turn I make they make too.  I drive through a parking lot thinking I might be able to get to the hotel without driving around the block and this car keeps follow oping me.  I have a stalker.  Then relize it is another group of pirateters getting to the same place as U.S. And followed us so they knew where they were going.  Well not stalker.

We sign in at the pirate dinner.  I find out my name is not on the list.  Well I did pay for it. Yeah just a missed name and I was put on the list.  Now we look around for a place to sit and there is not many seats left.  So for a little while the two of us are sitting at a smal table all by ourselves.  Well this is going to be a fun table. Then three other ladies join us.  Well the fun just got a whole lot better.

The dinner was allot of different kinds of food.  From Asian to spicy to meat and potatoes.  You could have your choice.  Then desert afterwards.  Another big meal to bring my dress size up. Well I am enjoying anyways.  Food is so good.

After the dinner was over and prizes were given out we headed back to the hotel.  Quick changed out clothes and then went over to the other tower to register for the convention.  Got ourselves a goodie bag full of things that include a hat and pin and some chocolate.  Did I tell you how much I love chocolate.  Went back to the room with my goodie bag and picked up the quilt I had made as a giftie and took it to the registration room.  It was set with the other gifts ready to be given to someone to enjoy for many year.  That is if you can tear it away from carol.  She says it will look so good on her bed.

We came back to the bar and sat down with some ladies from California.  Hobnobbed with them for awhile and low and behold I see jan Lukas across the room.  Over I go and say hi.  I get the biggest greeting I can get from anyone.  Such a beautiful lady and makes you feel like you are special.  I believe she is the special one.  We talk for awhile and she takes her pictures.  I talk with some other ladies for a little while then head back over across the room.  Jan and eleoner are making the rounds and say hi to anyone and everyone.  I say she is a tornado of a person.  Loves people and loves to make more friends wherever she goes.

Night is getting closer and tomorrow we are heading out on a cruise down the saskachewan River.  So will end my blog for the night.  Say good night to you all.  And will have happy sailing in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment