a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Wednesday 3 June 2015

So today was a relaxing day. Well!!! Maybe not so relaxing

I started my day off a little later then I had the past couple of days.  Got up at 8:00 instead of 7:30.  Wow a whole half hour.

Once I got around to eating timmies muffin and cleaning,no up for the day.  I decide that I had a bit of time before my roomie shows up from her flight.  So I decided that maybe I would walk on down to micheals or the hobby store I saw yesterday and maybe take a little look around.  Well I got to walking. Made it up to these stores and then for some reason my mind said to me.  How far do you think it is from here to west Edmonton mall.  I looked down the street saw the bridge down there and said I bet that is where it is. And for some stupid reason I just kept on walking.

Yeah I did another day of putting one foot in front of the other and ended up further in a destination then I was thinking of going..  Well I am here might as well go in and take a small gander.  I am going the next day to take a bigger gander so just a small one today.  I cross the parking lot and head into Sears. Walk down one way and up a set of stairs over another way and then down a set of stairs.  Okay it is a mall.  A big mall at that.  After up and around and over and through.  So much for a small gander at the mall.  I find myself at bourbons street.  Hey Jane said something about being there today to meet up with a few ladies and have some lunch.  So I look to see if they are still around.  It is 12:30 and not sure if they even came today or not.  Then I see them.  I scoot into the resteraunts and say my hi's. There is Jane Eaton, Carol Conrad, Jill Lepeck and another Brenda.  Plus a couple more ladies down at the other end of the table.  Talked for a few minutes and then I said needed to head back to the hotel as Darlyne would be coming in soon and I was going to great her.

As I was about to leave. Carol said she was heading back to her place and was wondering if I would like a ride back.  Well who would be silly enough not to except such a generous ride back to the hotel. That would just be sill to say no and then have to walk back to the hotel telling yourself you are such an ass for saying no.  Carol your ride was much appreciated.  It stop my inner self from telling me all the way back that I was an idiot.

So now I am a little early back at the hotel to wait for Darlyne so I go back outside and take a walk around just a block.  Yeah that is right I go out and walk some more.  Me thinks I should get a better hobby.  One that just pertains to sitting around and just waiting.  Well I could have brought my book down and read for awhile.

Na too easy.  So I grab myself a little snack and then head back to to hotel.  It is close to time now for her shuttle to come in.  As I am sitting in the lobby Carli Rae and her husband walk by.  It takes a couple of minutes before I figure out who it is.  I know this person. Then it comes to me.  So we sit and talk for a couple minutes and Darlyne comes through the front door.  So instead of going up to the room so Darlyne can drop off her bags the three of us talk a little.  And watch other red hatter arriving.  

Carli decides that it is time to go up to her room and meet up with her hubby again.  So we head up to the room and Darlyne puts her things were she wants them.  No I did not take up the whole room with my stuff.  Just talking that I had the whole room full of stuff and no room for her.  She was smiling when she came in   Tired but smiling.

We took a little walk around the block so she could get her bearings.  When we came back into the hotel there were some ladies sitting in the lobby.  We stopped and talked with them and found out they were going to the dinner theatre tonight and there was still some tickets available.  So we went over and got some tickets.  Dinners and a theatre production for half price.  Very nice.

Up to the room for a little while then back down stairs and sat at at the same table with them.  They were from Langley area and flew in on same plane with Darlyne.  

So the meal was delish.  Lots of food on the buffet.  I would have loved to have had more but I do not eat much these days.  I didn't even go for desert.  That is so not me.

The theatre production after wards was cabara.  A bit long in parts but fun to watch.  Now backin our room now and doing my usual internet stuff.  But probably time to get some shuteye.  Got my fresh air today walking around and sleepy time is soon going to catch up with me.
Oh my only picture from today.  I bet this is something you do not see everyday were you live.  He walked past me and I had to look twice before I realized what he was wearing.  I quick got out my camera and snapped a picture before he walked too far ahead of me.  Well only in Edmonton do you see something like this

No comments:

Post a Comment