a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Sunday 7 June 2015

Last day and then on my way home tomorrow.



We gather in the lobby once more.  This time Well the fun in almost finished and the time has gone by so fast.  It will soon be time to think about the next one.  Oh heaven forbid.  I have to think about another one when I am still partying at this one.

I sat in the lobby for awhile and watched all the ladies rushing out to catch planes and shuttles.  Pack up their cars and all head out.  I have one more night here so my rush will be tomorrow morning.  Check the room one more time to make sure that no feathers have been left unattended.  Glitter was left around the floor and assorted rhinestones were added to my growing collection.  These little lost items find a good home at my place.  They enjoy their stay with the rest of my crafty things in my women cave.  To be used and recycled into something else. I do collect any scraps and such that will be used again for something else.

So I didn't get to writing last night on the fun fun time I had yesterday so this may be a little long winded as it is going to be from the two days.

Now I forgot what happened yesterday.  I must be getting old.  Na I am never gonna get old.

An early morning get up.. Umm something not too easy for me to do.  Dressed and down for breakie.  Could they think of having a breakfast a little later. How about brunch.  No?  Well I guess we would not make it to the bus that would take us to the farmers market downtown.

We gather in the lobby to get on the list for going to the down town farmers market.  Once our names are marked off we head out the door and onto the school bus.  Brings back many memories of riding the bus to school.  Won't go into that though for a few years not the greatest experience I had.  Anyways better get back to the bus trip.  Traffic is light and we get to downtown in not time.  Few rules set out.  Where we are being picked up.  Where the farmers market is and where the mall is in distance to the farmers market.  Oh, oh a mall.  Sometimes they grab me in and take over on saying buy, buy, buy,  I better behave myself.

We wander the market.  Fruits, veggies, flowers and a few crafty thing.  My first mistake.  Stopped at a silver jellewer.  That spelling doesn't look right but it isn't correcting me so I go with it.  Anyways. Pauline says it and then Darlyne sees it and I look.  A dolphin.  I see a silver dolphin on a chain and one on a chocked.  I want it, but no I don't want it.  You know the wants won out.  Some times the nos win , but not this time.

I am now the proud new owner of another dolphin.  Go figure.

We wandered the market a little more and then headed over to the mall.  Mistake number two.  I am in a buying mood.  The biggest goof I can be when I am in the buying mood.  I see something.  Gotta, gotta have it.  Well it got to be the right kind of something first.  I love the hippy, boho type of clothes.  They are comfy and loose and cool to wear.  And guess what.  There where stores in the mall that had items like this. Mph boy am I in trouble.  I go look anyways.  Normally I go into malls and go to where I want to be and get what I want and then head back out again.  This time a little wandering.    I admit it I am a shopping addict.  Not all the time but it does sneak up on me once in while.  Well today was one of those days.  I did great the other day when I was in west Edmonton mall.  I walked looked at things and then walked onto something else.  But not today.  The other mood hit me.  And it must have been contagious because Pauline and Darlyne where doing the same thing.  It is an epidemic. Well we didn't buy that much but we did do some shopping.  I found some tops I really liked.  Most of them were purple but a couple were in a different colour.

Well I better stop on the shopping.  You know though that is what red hatters do.  Shop and eat desert first.  I did buy some desert in the mall as well.  I am on a roll.  Truly a red hatter now.

Around 3 we had to be back at the bus.  Most of us were on except one lady.  We waited for one person.  Well she made it back and got some roaring applause making to the bus.  Off and moving back to the hotel.  Traffic still great so make it back in no time.  We head up to our rooms and drop off our parcels.  Oh that is cute.  I like that.  We both admire our purchase.  It was such a fun day and I got my shopping dedication out of the way.  Even if I did buy some things at the vendors as well.  Glad I have room in my bug to take these things home.  I guess the bug will loaded a little on the way home too.  A few of Darlyne's things and allot of mine.  So the quilt goes out and new parcels will go in.  Bug will be as packed as when I left.  

After we unloaded our parcels and sorta put them away.  We got dressed for the nights activities.  One octoberfest waitress and one gorgeous East Indian.  Wow I thought Darlyne's outfit suited her well.  She looked great.  Now my outfit not too bad.  Only thing is I very rarely wear shorter dresses.  Well these ones will show my knees.  Which are nobbaly and full of cellulite .  Great.  I hate showing my legs.  They gots to be hidden under something.  The funny thing is I wear shorts that are almost close to short shorts. But when I dress up can't show my legs.  I know I am strange.

We head down to the other end of the building where there is a a great place to get a photo op. Took a couple of pictures and headed for the ball room.  A night of relishes food.  Which included roast beef and mashed potatoes.  Well filling. A few more giftie were given out.  And I got one of them tonight.  Also from the table hosted I got a red hat tea cup.  Which I almost left on the table.  I went back to get it before they cleaned up the tables.  Boy that would have been silly to leave that.  Came back over to Darlyne's table where we sat and talked while the music played away for the dance that night.  First with Pauline for awhile and then with Eleanor and Jan. Into the night.  All about seasoned red hatters to us new by red hatters.  Was a fun night with allot of insight into what we can look forward to..  Talked about the next two conventions coming up and all the fun that is going to go into this one.  I might have even got another order for another quilt.  Oh boy more to keep me going.  Love it.  Just as long as I do not over tax myself I am doing great.

We finally made it back to the room were you know we went right to bed.  I didn't get any blog written or do anything last night.  Just too sleepy.

This morning.  Up early once more to go for another breakfast.  Still brunch would be great. But I can not win everything. So up dressed in pjs for breakfast.  Yeah get out of my usual pjs to go dress in another pair of pjs and go down and have breakfast.  Better though then the ones I was wearing.  I don't think I would go out anywhere in them.  These pjs I wore  had bears on the back.  They said bear bottoms and my top was with a bunch of owls on it.  The saying was Canadian hooters.  I got a few comments on them. Down to breakfast of lots of fruit and then scrambled eggs and bacon.  I am glad I wore the best dress the first night.  I bet it would be a little tight with all the food I have eaten in the last couple of days.  I am a just stuffed.

The last of the gifties were given out.  All the thank yours were done and then it was time to say goodbye.  All gathered around the outside of the room in a big circle and sang a good bye some.  Hugs were given all around and then the fun was done.  Many of the ladies left to catch shuttles and others to pack their cars and head for home.

I have a couple more days before my fun is done.  I will be heading for home tomorrow.  Driving my little bug back over the mountains for home.

This afternoon.  We had a little dinner with Linda and Diane.  Then they went their way and we headed back to the room.  Darlyne got ready to visit with her son for awhile and I headed out and put a few things in the car.  Then drove over and filled with gas.  The last thing for the day is I went to the west Edmonton mall one more time.  Oh I checked out micheals too.  Not much different then ours.  A few different things but nothing that interested me.  I then went to the mall.  Came in through galaxy land headed in to just wander one more time.  It turned to six and the mall started to close.  I walked towards were I got in and the gate was closed. Monday were do I go now to get out.  Walked a little further and finally found a place to get out that was close to the car.  

Back in my hotel room blogging away and checking Facebook.  Had a little snack for supper and then back to the blog.  I know long winded tonight but it included two days of fun, fun, fun.  Will catch you tomorrow night after a long drive on a long and winding road.  Maybe this time I will see some wildlife.  I am going to go down through the park.  Maybe a stop or two along the way.  Time to play tourist again

Talk again tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment