a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Friday 5 June 2015

Hi all. Another day and more giggles

We were up a little earlier today.  Had a tour to go on.

So once up and ready to leave the room.  Went over to the diner and had another great breakfast.  Way too much food though.  Didn't get to walk it off though.  The pounds will be a comin on here any time soon I know it.  Great I am wearing my dress tonight so I do not need to worry about fitting into it the next night.

After our breakie we head back to hotel and catch up with Pauline who is sitting at the resteraunts talking with a couple of ladies.  Pauline is our queen.  She got in yesterday afternoon.  Hadn't seen her yet so am catching up a little on things back in home town.  

We then gather at the front lobby and wait for the bus.  There are three buses waiting for us to board.  We are going on a river cruise today.  On a paddle wheeler. The weather is just so perfect for it.  Now wind and the sun is shining with a few clouds here and there.

We start out with singing the wheels on the bus go round and round as we board the bus.  Three buses heading to the other side of Edmonton to the saskachewan River.  Um only in Alberta would there be a sask. River.  Just thinking there.  Anyways. We get to the dock.  Three buses unload and a wave of red and purple head down the trail to get to the dock.  Once at the dock we wait for the crew to open the gate so we can get on.  We are the only ones on this boat ride.  No one but red hatters for this trip.  There is about 85 of us going on this little cruise.

The sun is hot and we sit in our chairs in anticipation of the boat leaving dock.  It gets a little warmer and then a little more warmer as we wait.  Finally we head away from the dock.  Water is calm and there is a little breeze to keep us a little cooler.  The food is being served as we make our way down the river.  This is very enjoyable.  A meal out on the apwater on a nice sunny day.  Good conversation and great views of the city.  The sandwiches were huge.  Another big meal for the day.  Oh my gosh. Am I going to fit into that dress tonight.  Suck it in princess it is what you are wearing.  We make the turn to head back up River.  Passing the dock and seeing some of the properties up River instead of down River.  Some very impressive buildings along the river.  The old with the new.  Interesting.

We make another turn to get ourselves heading back to dock.  An easy landing at the dock and then we head back to the buses.

We get on the first bus.  Tell our driver we have to get back to the hotel.  The vendors are opened and we got to get back to do some shopping.  The bling may be all gone by the time we get back there.  Come on drive us back to the hotel.  He finally relinquishes and we are off and back at the hotel in no time.

Well are we going to go drop off our bags or just go over to the vendors.  The vendors won out and we went to lookie loo.  Oh oh not lookie losing anymore. I found a few things I like. A couple of shirts and a pair of pants and a coup,e of facinators.  Okay no more.  I do have to get home yet.  Well maybe just one more look.  Oh oh there is something else I like.  I better stop while I am ahead or behind in my way of thinking.  I am an addict for bling.  What am I going to do with myself.?

I drag myself away from the vendors and head for the room.  I have some things to put always and then get ready for tonight's dinner.  Okay the costume or the pretty dress.  Well I went with the pretty dress.  All gussied up I am and my hat big and blingy.

We head down to the ball room.  Here is were the waiting comes in again.  We are all standing in the hall waiting for the doors to open.  Everyone talking and waiting.  Finally the doors open and in we go. The room is set up beautifully.  Tables on one side and tables on the other.  About fourty tables with eight ladies to each table.  Easy enough to find our tables.  All in order and decorated up with globes as centrepieces.  The bar is in the centre and everyone is lining up to have a taste of the purple passion I think is what it is called.  A special drink for this event.

The meal was ceaser salad and then lasagna and bread.  Wow the plate was just heaped full and you got a stick of garlic bread with it.  Then for desert was a huge piece of cake.  That was a meal and a half.  Enjoyed it emmencely.  Prizes were given out afterwards. Most of the Nevada ladies are taking most of the prizes home.  Well that is for tonight.  Tomorrow night it may be someone else..  After all the thankyous were done and everyone went their own way.  To socialize and meet new friends.

The two of us heade up stairs changed our clothes and then went to soak a bit in the pool.  Oh that water felt so good after wearing a pair of high heal shoes.  Yeah silly me still wears them once in while.

So had no other takers on the pool while we were there.  Too bad.  We left checked out the bar for a minute.  No one around there either and then headed back up to our room.

Today was a great day.  Weather is perfect.  The friendships I am making old and new are great.  And I am having a great time..  Too bad it can't last a little longer but alas I have to go home sometime

No comments:

Post a Comment