a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Tuesday 2 June 2015

I'm here. When's the party start

Gosh where do I start today.

I woke up early again.  Got to be this fresh mountain air.  I never get up early.  Even if I have to get up.  I enjoy my sleep.

Well after tossing a little bit I decided to get up, have myself a light breaking and get myself on the road.  There are more mountains to see and then to find the turn for the hot springs.  I don't want to miss that.  Packed up all my stuff again and put it back where it belonged, checked the room and then dropped off the key at the front desk.

On the road another day.   Okay I turn left here should get me back out to the main road and on my way.  Next turn will be at pocohauntis.  I know bad spelling.  Anyways   I make a right there and then follow this road back into the bush.  Way back into the bush.  Says it is a twenty to thirty minute drive.  Hmmmm I think that is way back in the bush.  I start going up and up and there are some switchbacks and the road and trees are closer then what they are on the main road.  Oh look a squirrel.  My first wildlife to see.  Around another bend and there is construction going on..  They are tearing up places in the road.  So there is groves road in places with big bumps in them.  You really got to slow down for that.  You just get up to speed and then there is some more grooves..  It is taking forever to get were I want to be.  And trucks and cars come up behind you and would like you to go faster.  So first chance I get I pull over and let them pass.  Oh look another squirrel.  Well two bits of wildlife I have seen.

Finally get to the hot springs.  Okay where do you park.  Or where the heck do you go.  I drive up to the top and nope no parking there unless you are with a handy cap sticker.  So I go back down a couple of levels and find a spot to park down there.  Grab my swimsuit out of my bag and head over to go soak up some mineral water.  Dang I am too early they do not open for another twenty minutes.  You mean I could have sllept for a little while yet. Oh well the drive was nice.

Well when I finally get to go in and change. I like the price.  Towel rental and a couple hours in there.  Not more then ten dollars.  Better then what I paid for the lift the day before. Locker cost a dollar on top of that.  

Time for a soak.  There are four pools there.  Okay talking about the three beats.  One is too hot, one is too cold and e other one is just right.  I went into the just right pool.  I tried the one that was hotter and couldn't stay in it very long..  Went back to the just right pool.  Had to slip out a couple of times to cool off.  I was watching a girl no more then ten.  She would go from one pool to the other. Hop in the too hot pool then run over to the cold pool jump in and then back out again and then back into the warm pool.  She did this so many times.  Well she enjoyed herself anyways.

I was there for a couple of hours.  Back was feeling a little better. I knew it wouldn't last but for now it felt just great. I may have gotten a little sun as well.  That I have to be carful with.  One of the mess I am on makes it so my skin is susceptible to getting sunburnt  real fast.  It happens before.  I was in Panama sitting in the water there and ended up with a blistering burn on my back. So in order for that not to happen again I got to watch how long I stay out in the sun.  I have never been a sun worshiper anyways.

The drive back out seemed allot shorter then going in.  Hey saw some more wild life.  No not another squirrel.  I saw a bear.  He was standing along the side of the road. Chewing on some leaves there.  I was driving slow enough that I did not disturb him.  I tried to get as close as I could with out bothering him.  He took no mind of my car and kept on roughing around in the bushes at the edge of the road.  I lined up my camera.  Had a great shot as I zoomed in and a dang car came up behind me.  Driving a little faster then should be and the bear start to amble back into the woods. Dang and I had such a good shot of him.  Well I got a picture of his back.  Does that count
Well I almost had a picture.  This is my first bear I have seen in the wild and I could not get the good picture I wanted. Dang.

So now back out on highway 16 heading for Edmonton.  A coup,e of hours to go and I am there.  The mountains start to disappear and the land has a rolling feeling to it.  Not so much up and down is extremes anymore.  The highway is straighter and it is just trees along the side of the road.  Oh oh the hot springs has made me a little sleepy and driving a straighter road is not going to be good.  Time to stop get out and do a little walking.  Rest area ahead.  Still another 130 klms to go to get to Edmonton.  A pee break is in order anyways.  Drinking allot of water to keep hydrated.

So the last leg to Edmonton cost me three fingernails.  The closer I got to Edmonton and traffic the more I started on my nails.  Great I don't chew on them often but something was up and I started nibbling.    Bad habit but I do it once in while.  I kept repeating to myself you take this road off highway 16 and then turn onto this road to get to hotel.  Well I didn't miss the first turn and made the second turn without any problem.  Hotel just up ahead.  Now what was I worried about. Well my fingernails say I was nervous.

Alright I am here.  When does the fun start.  Oh heck I have been having allot of fun already..  I finished off my night around here by taking a walk.  I found many many places to eat.  Now what to decide to eat.  Keep walking though and find the place were we are having the pirate dinner.  I also find a bank for me too.  Great will need that sometime this week.  That is after I spend all my available money on vendors.  Then again may not buy anything but what fun is that be.

Now I am back at the room.  Was a bit of a walk.  Wrote my roommate and told her I have moved all my stuff all over the room.  There may be room for her to sleep in the tub.  Na I wouldn't do that to her

Well will see her tomorrow when she flies in.  For now just sit and relax before it gets to hectic here with meeting and enjoying the company of many red hat ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment