a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Monday 8 June 2015

Heading back home, but I was having so much fun

Just letting everyone know.  I made it to my first destination.  Have a bit more to drive tomorrow or the next day. Depending on how much I keep stopping to take a picture of oh WOW!!

 Yesterday allot of ladies had left for home and more where heading home today.  A few are still there and doing some tours around the area.  Safe travels everyone.  See you all at the next get together.

Well the convention is now over.  Boy had such a great time. Between the friendships I have made, the tours I had gone on and the shopping and the food.  Dressing up in beautiful clothes and all around laughing till my sides hurt. I could say peed my pants but that would just be embarrassing. Oh did I mention the shopping.

Oh I will tell you I did go back to the mall yesterday and you know I did not buy anything.  Well the reason is they were closing soon and I couldn't get into the store that had what I was looking at before.  Bummer!!!  Well I did mention the shopping.

Woke up around 8:30.  All alone in my room.  Well I was awake earlier to say goodbupye to my roomie.  She left early this morning to catch a flight home. 

So the car is now loaded up.  Took a couple of trips to do.  It took a couple of trips to get it to the room as well when I got here.  You think I might have just packed a little too much stuff.  Na might have need something if I had left it at home.  Can never be too prepared.

Had a little breakie and then headed down the pike.  Two hours into my drive I had to pull off to stretch.  This is gonna be some long drive if I have to keep stopping.  Maybe just a little too much water for breakie.  Well that could be too, but it did feel good to get out of the car.  I had to change the position of a cushion I was sitting on anyways.  It was cutting into my driving leg and my feet were feleling a little on the bigger side.  So a little walking around seemed to have done the trick.

A couple of hours later I was at Jasper national park.  I said I was driving straight through but I had to pay for a day pass anyways.  Oh well I guess if I was keeping to highway 16 I probably wouldn't have had to pay.  But no I wanted to go down through the park.

Well the drive down was worth it.  So much scenery it was hard to keep my eyes on the road.  I stopped so many times to take pictures and just enjoy what I was looking at.  It is worth the drive if you are ever going to be in park.  The only thing is I stopped so many times to look that I didn't have enough time to go out on the glass platform to look out over the glacier.    I didn't want to come out of the park too late that I wouldn't get a room for the night. I did stop at the glacier and look around a little.  Looked in the gift shop.  Yeah shopping again.  Didn't buy anything. Aw there is something wrong here.  After I left there I stopped again down at Saskachewan river crossing.  Debated on whether I should stop there for the night or make it to the destination  I wanted to get to.  Well after I picked up a snack I headed down the road to were oh heck.  Construction well that is going to slow me down too.  Oh heck. Maybe I should have stopped back there.  Well I am on the road now might as well keep going.

So through the park is another drive of going way up to make it to the glacier area.  Mountain tops you see. To driving way down into the valley.  I loved the aqua blue of the water.  There was lots of snow on the mountains yet.  The water is really rushing down the mountains and the rivers are moving really fast. I got some great pictures of the falls coming down the mountains.  Just beautiful.  If you are looking on my Facebook page. That is where my pictures are posted.

Well I am out of the park and back on BC soil.  Well more ups and downs tomorrow.  Heading west on highway 1.  Now just not sure of when I get to Kamloops if I will stay on highway 1 or if I will take 5 to get home a little faster. There is also highway 97 that will take me through the okanagan.  Might be another route.  Well I guess when I get there I will decide.  Time for some shuteye so I can get back on the road tomorrow.  

Talk to you again tomorrow night.  Whether I am home or still on the road.  Just taking a slow touring ride home.  It is fun but there is allot of driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment