a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Sunday 18 August 2013

Last day on Sacramento

Hey all just finishing off from my days at a convention

Today up and down to breakie for last day.  So ball room is not opened yet.  Great is there any venders down stairs yet.  Might as well take a boo and see if there is anything to buy that they may be getting rid of now so they do not have to pack it back up.  Well well well there is still some venders still down in the other ball room.  So take a little gander.

They are spread out now that the workshops are not in the other part of the room...  Time to get a little better look.  My tiger broach is still there.  Just take a look at this.  A very pretty piece.

Just beautiful!!!

I picked up some more feathers and a couple other things of pins.  Something I can put onto my self when I am out at events.  Just to bling up a little.  I don't want to be too blingy but have to shine a little.

Anyways I said no more shopping.  Have to fit it all in my suitcase.  I already had to buy another hat box.  A soft sided one to put my new hat into.  You know that big gorgeous hat I got two days ago.  It looks so good on me..  Sorry do not have a picture of it now, but when I get home and get some pictures from other people I will put it up.  But for now.  No

So after the ball room opened up we all filed in for our last meal together.  Then there was prizes to give out.  Tickets were sold and other draws were made.    I got a basket full,of goodies from one of the prizes.  There was a fan,  picture frame, mirror, a note pad and a purse.  Oh great more stuff to take home.  I am going to be packing up forever trying to figure out how to get these things home.  Plus the new hat and bit of jewelry that I had gotten.  A bit of junk jewelry and some nice stuff.  A few clothes that were on sale in kohls and the trip to hobby lobby i made.Well I am happy to say.  I have it all in.

Will I do it again. Yeah probably.  I should have bought a pin that said shopping is my life.  Well I did stop and not buy anything today.  But what I bought were not that much.  Yeah on sale.!!!  So next time bigger suitcase.  Ha ha!!!

So after breakfast. They did some draws and then they played a couple of games.  Horse racing.  Bring your own hobby horse and race it down some blocks.  A caller says who is going when. Whether it is one block or three blocks or more until you get to the end.  Me I was asked to race and ended up last.  Oh well.  Did not need anymore stuff to take home.

So after the races did closing and and said all our goodbyes.


Me I went for a walk.  The ball room was dang cool today so out into warm air to warm up a bit.  Meanwhile back at the hotel it seems that the other ladies were trying to call me.  Well I did not get the call, but did meet up with them at the front of hotel later.

Over to hobby lobby we did go.  But gee the hobby was closed.  Who would think a store would be closed on a Sunday.  Not us anyways.  But the sign outside said closed on Sunday so staff can spend a day with family.  Have not heard anything like that in ages.  All stores are opened all the time.  But this.  Well unthinkable.  Well kohls is opened.  Down there for a few minutes to check out the sales.  Yes again I did not buy anything.  Just wondered while the other two ladies did a bit of looking..  So then had a little time to spare before we were going for something to eat.

So headed over to the mall.  Across the busy highway we head.  Walk along the parking lot.  It is dang hot out there.  Great!  It was suppose to be getting a little cooler.  Not!!!  Into Macy's which is the closest door.  Wander around for an hour or so.  I show them the bling store I found the  last time I was in the mall.  Pretty pretty pretty.

Then we headed back across the hot parking lot to the Olive Garden to have a very yummy last meal.  Talked about the convention and about other things coming up.  I had heard of a few but not all,of them they were talking about.  Sounds like there is allot more going on them I hear about.  Even in my area.  I would not have to go far and wide to enjoy red hatting if I knew about some of these things.  For now am doing a little traveling to see a little country and getting to know a few new friends.  Sounds good to me, but can't keep it up or I will run out of money.

So now that is my little adventure in Sacramento.  I had allot of fun.  Meant a few new friends.  Still did not come much out of my shell to meet more ladies but got to know a few from a round the area I live. Well lets see what happens at the next one.  Maybe or maybe not.  I might get to know some more friends or I will sit around and just watch what is going on.  Well time will tell.

So closing on this adventure and onto the next in a few weeks.  Fun, fun, fun, well at least I hope

No comments:

Post a Comment