a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Thursday 5 September 2013

My first day to Reno

Hey all am writing my first leg from the plane from Seattle to Reno.

I am doing this. Amazing the chicken is sprouting wings.  Well a little bit anyways. There may be afew mistakes on this first part of my composition.the flight is dang bumpy.

Today I was up early.  Did the usual.  Had ready and walked the dogs.  I am feeling the effects of getting up early now.  I feel a little light headed and just all around want to go back to sleep.  Well maybe I should be napping on the plane instead of writing this.  He'll no!! Too excited on going to Reno.

So now I take off in my car.  This will be my first time crossing the border on my own and driving in the states.  I hope I get the directions right or I will be driving around Washington for awhile trying to find that elusive airport in Bellingham.  I followed the same route I went last time.  But then I wasn't driving for that so hope I get it right.  There is always someone esle driving when I head across the border.

So now at the abbotsford crossing.  The border crossing gaurs asked me three questions.  Where am I from, where am I going and why.  As soon as I said red hat convention he said have a good trip and gave me my passport back.  Well that was easy.  

Now to get on the right road.  It seems pretty simple on paper but if I miss one of these roads I am hooped.  Highway nine to guide meridian then onto bakerview and across the expressway highway five where the airport should be on the other side.  Okay off I go.  Radio blaring away to great tunes.  Sun shining.  Aw beautiful day.  Not too warm and just a few clouds in sky.  Well hope luck of the weather stays with me.  Last night listened to a thunder storm going on out side.  Yeah why wouldn't a storm be outside,  they are not in the house.  The dogs heard it too.  Rocky just kept getting closer and closer every time another clap of thunder went off.  So there is where part of my sleep was lost from.
There is the Columbia river down there.  Traveled that river along the road on the bike one year.

Anyways back to my reality here.  Lack of sleep.   Besides the thunderstorm was the excitement of going to Reno.  So took a little while before I steepled in for good night sleep. Until alarm went off in morning.

Well I made my trip to Bellingham with getting lost.  You proud of me?  Well I am proud of myself.  The wings are getting bigger all the time.  I can do this says the little train.  Well you know I can do this. Last time traveled with other ladies this time I am doing on my own.  So proud of this so far.

So now find parking spot in Bellingham airport.  Easy as pie.  Get a ticket and am unloading my luggage from car when a bus pulled up behind me.  You looking for ride to terminal.  Now that is service I was just going to walk the little ways over there but now have a ride from a very nice lady who lifted my luggage into her bus and drove me over there .  I know it is part of service but I figured you would have to walk to bus stop to get on.  She stopped right behind my car.

Okay so in terminal now.  Way too early me thinks.  Oh well can read for while I guess.  So through security and find seat on other side.  Seats are packed full must be a few planes going out soon.  Sit down and start reading.  Do a little facebooking and check my mail.  An hour or so later they are calling the plane loading.  Running a little later then should be.  

The downpour starts.  Great just in time to walk out on the tarmack and get on the plane.soaked I mean soaked!!!  My boarding pass is all wet.  Hmmm should have put that away before I walked out in the rain. Hope it will work for next flight.

So that flight was just a little bumpy. Not much.  Did not see much out the window but clouds.  A little patch clearing once in while.  Then we get into Seattle and sun is shining.  Walk off the plane along the tarmack.  Head for the next gate that I have to get on.  You know it is the same gate I just got off of.  Well that is handy.  So take a bathroom break and then ht the Burger King for a few fries and a drink.  Well that hit the spot.  Back to the gate in plenty of time to wait for boarding.  I walk back out to the tarmack and get on the same plane I just got off of.  Now just in a different seat.  Before at front of plane and now in back of plane.  Very last seat on plane.  Window seats.  Just like being in a window seat and watch the ground go by.  It fascinates me.  When I travel with my hubby he always takes the window seat and sleeps.  So I do not see much of anything.  This time it is my choice.  Just love it.

So now am riding in the same plane heading for Reno.    Had a warning stay in your seats with seat belt fastened .  It seems we have some bumpy weather ahead.  Boy is he not kidding.  Just went through a few pockets here.  Bouncing around all over the place.  Thunder storms ahead.  This is going to be a very bumpy ride.  I can tell you that.  Oh here we go again.

This is not easy typing.  I think I will stop for now and maybe read some more.  We pass through clouds and once in while see the land below.  Not too exciting right now.

When I get to Reno will have to figure out if there is a shuttle to the hotel.  If not guess I am taking a taxi.  Then after checking in will unpack then head down the Sammie in the hotel to take in a cabaret show I have a ticket for.  Well at least hope so.  These tickets are for red hatters.  I said my plane would not be in time to pick up my registration today as they are stopping registration today at five.  So the queen organizing this event said she will have ticket for me when I come down the show place..  So then all I do is go to Sammie's and get my ticket from her and enjoy the show tonight.  Then take in registration tomorrow to have a red hatting good time.

So I guess since the bumping is going on too much to keep typing.  Will close for now and finish off tonight after I am settled.  So far one long day and I am doing this.  Butterfly wings are spreading far and wide.

Okay have now made it to harrah's.  I have a room way up on a top floor. Nice 
Lookie lookie I have a view of a football field.

Okay now the bad news.  My luggage did not get here with me.  So now I am going to have to go to the cabaret show tonight in the clothes I traveled in.  Great!!!

Flying in here tonight.  Well it is still day light.  But flying is was a dang bumpy ride.  I hate roller coasters and this was just like it.  My stomach is right now on the roof of the plane yet.

So after waiting and filling out paperwork to find out where the heck my luggage is I venture outside to find a way to get to the hotel.  First start walking down one way and that is arrivals.  So next best thing ask someone and see if there is a place to get a ride.  He says just go down the other way to the end and you will come to the shuttles.  Now I was worrying that I would not get a ride without having to take a taxi and that might be an expensive process.  But when I walked up to shuttle and read their sign it says.  Harrah's every hour on the half hour.  Yes a free shuttle.  Gotta love that.

So now am at harrah's finishing off my blog for the night.  Am paying for it so might as well use it.  So I will not be on every nights unless it is in the same time periods that I am paying for.  So probably after the show will be on for a little while again.

So just letting you all know I am here and sitting in my room playing on Internet instead of exploring.  Well it is time to go explore.  So will talk to you again tomorrow night.  Or when I decide to pay for Internet again.

 Hopefully luggage will make it here before I go home or I will be traveling with out.  This sucks!!!  So much for being all dressy and blingy.  Now I am in jeans and a sorta purple shirt.  But at least Ido have my hats.  They I carry on with me.

Well until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment