a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Saturday 7 September 2013

Reno big day I need a nap

Hey all. This is the big day.  Lots of stuff going on today.

Woke up around 7:30.  Had a good night sleep for a change.  All is back to where it should be.  I have clothes to wear and have a fun filled day.

First took a trip down to the vendors to see if anything was new down there.  I am trying to find things that will go with outfits for the upcoming events I am going to.  I think I found a few things.  Should have a couple of outfits complete now.  Except for the outfit itself.  That has to be finished yet.  So I guess when I get home will be doing a bunch of sewing.  Fun stuff.  

So went down for brunch.  Ended up at the table with some of the Langley ladies.  A lovely bunch of ladies to spend some time with.  Well I did my usual and that was sit back and listen.  Not much in the way of words from me.  The quiet one was in the room again.  I know, I know. Got to get up and do things and talk and such.  Well I did put in a few cents once in while but not very much.  I did get to know these ladies though and I guess that is all that counts from me.

Before brunch started we had the cadets march in the flags.  One for USA one for red hat and one for Canada.  We then sang the national anthems.  They then talked about the Shriners and the daughters of the Nile.  This was a fundraiser they were helping out this year.  Raised 400 dollars for them just in donations.  We then had a buffet brunch.  Of a lunch time and breakfast type food.  So much.  Couldn't eat anymore if I wanted to.  Awards where given out for who came the furthest, who had the most in their group, who dressed the same and so on.

So after brunch was over everyone dissipated into places they where going.  Some went out on the stroll down Virginia street.  Some went back to shop and others headed over to do a little gambling..  Me I went up to my room and took some of my vendor shopping and put it into suitcase.  Then I went downstairs and yes I did a little gambling.  The slots took me money again.  The dang thieves.  Well what else is idea with me.

After my money was lost went back up to room and had a little time to figure out what to wear tonight. Suppose to be a blingy night.  So I got out a blingy top and blingy skirt.  Figured out what I should put on for jewelry.  I then sat on the bed for little while and I guess I had a little nap.    I woke up and realized it was four o'clock.  Oh gosh I have to get ready and get downstairs.
So what cha think.  Blingy enough.  Well maybe just a little too blingy.

So downstairs outside convention room.  Everyone waiting and are dressed to the hilt.  Georgous everyone is.  The big hat.  The bling and more purple then you have ever seen.
There where a couple of pinkos in there as well.

The call was made for the queens to line up.  They went in first and had their pictures taken.  Then they lined up along the wall while we came in a took our seats.  They then walked across the stage being announced as to where they came from.
Here is the dazzling diva from Langley.

Supper was a plated meal.  There was steak rare,  salmon, rice and some veggies.  Just delish it was. Then came desert of a delectable piece of chocolate cake. Just so full could not finish chocolate cake. You know me I just love my chocolate and couldn't finish it.  There is something wrong with that.  After meal was done. More prizes where given out.  Bling head to toe, best dressed, most blingy hat.  I went up for a couple but came in without too many votes.  Oh well all in fun anyways.  I do like getting, dressed up anyways.   It is fun. As you can see from picture above.

Through the night the Sierra swingers played big band songs.  Was very enjoyable and some of the ladies got up to dance the night away.  Me I sat on my duff.  If you want to see some of the dancers go to Facebook page of Sierra swinger.  The singer says she is going to post some pictures on that page.
Here they are boogying the night away.

Was allot of fun. But now sleepy time is catching up with me.

So one more day tomorrow and then back to a normal life for another few weeks. Then I head to ferndale to enjoy another day of dress up and enjoy other ladies company.


No comments:

Post a Comment