a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Thursday 15 August 2013

Hi all day three from Sacramento

Tomorrow is going to be the big day.  When all the red hatters converge on Sacramento.

I was down by the lobby and there seems to be allot of them already. Getting off the shuttles coming into the hotel.  Red hats and purple cloths.  Some already getting into the spirit.  Dressed all up and taking pictures and enjoying each others company.  The bar had a couple of tables full of red haters.

Tomorrow will be a mad house of red and purple. Bling bling bling everywhere.  This is going to be interesting to say the least.

So now for my first experience of going to a convention.  Today I decided to get a little into the spirit.
I is gussied up in red and purple.  Well not all the way but my shirt is purple and I bought a new skirt here which just flows so nicely longer in the back then in the front.  Shows off my not so great legs in sorta heals.  Never ever would I be in four inch heals but my little heals look okay.

I also bought my self a little bling to day.  Not anything blingy blingy but it is what I love.  Dolphins.  Yeah I know not another one.  This one is a necklace of three dolphins.  Two gold ones and one made of diamonds.  
Pretty pretty huh?  Well who cares I like it.

So today was kinda a bust.  I was thinking of walking a trail in behind to hotel.  Well at least the person at the hotel desk said it was not far away.  So up around 8 o clock and down to meet Lorna and Bev for breakie.  Something very light for a change.  Then I headed off to take my walk.  Well I was told not far away. Just take this map and it will get you to a walking trail.  Just go to the right and you will have a nice walk.

Okay so I start heading in the direction to take this trail.  I am walking and walking and came to exebition stadium.  Turn there and head along the road past the race track and then on down to gets 12. The problem is. I keep walking and come to gate nine then further and gate ten.  It is getting hotter and hotter and I still have not made it to the trail.  So go a little further and do not come to gate eleven yet.  So now hot and tired and not wanting to see how much further I have to go.  I do not see the next gate for quite a while.  Finally say piss on it.  And turn around.  The mall is back the other way and they are a cooler place to be.  The heat is just too much.  

So scoot back towards the mall area.  Head for kohls as it is the closest.  Aw cool air much better.  So wander around there for a little while just to cool down some.  The temperature is getting up to 40 degrees.  Way too hot to be out walking around in it.  In kohls is where I found this necklace.  So great I went back in.  I also saw a skirt yesterday and was hoping that it would still be there.  I am not much on skirts and dresses that do not cover my legs.  But this one looks okay.  My puggie legs are going to have to show.  

My next stop is e hobby lobby.  Crafts crafts craft.  I seen some feathers that would look great for a hat I am making for gold hat fever.  Just have to find a whole bunch more in order to make it.  It will take allot of feathers for it.  Be patent I will find them.  Also found a few other things that I can use.  Gosh I could have bought allot of things out of there to make stuff but I know I have not much room in a suitcase.

So had a little time left before coming back to room so headed over to mall again.  I know wasn't much over there but thought might just take another look and see if I did miss something.  Well I did.  Not to buy but to look at.  I found a store in a corner that sells blingy stuff.  I didn't see anything in there that popped out to me but it was nice to look at.

Well later in the day now and headed back to room to maybe take a dip in pool.  Message on machine saying that part of my group is heading to Applebee's tonight at 4:30.  Well not that does not give me much time to soak in the pool.  So off I go to the pool to get in a little.  To cool off.  Stake out my chair in the shade.  Grab a towel and then hop in the pool.  Well not exactly hop.  Slowly I mean slowly down the steps.  The pool is cool and I have had a hot day.  Finally in.  Soak away. Aw!!!  That just feels so good.  Do a few slow laps back and forth.  Just to loosen up my joints from walking.  Then a little stetching.  After I have limbered up I head over to hot tub.  Bubbles, bubbles.  Feels so good.  Then one more dunk in pool.  Just to cool off after hot tub.  This is suppose to be good for the joints.  I wonder though.

So sit on the chair for a little while to dry off a little before I walk back down hall to room.  It is getting late and I was suppose to be down in foyer to meet some of the ladies to go to supper.  Well I am down there were is everyone else.  Walking around a little then there they are.  Shuttle was suppose to be here.  Waiting and waiting and waiting for a shuttle. Finally it comes back from airport and we are ready to go.

Applebee's for happy hour and appies.  Yeah cheese sticks here I come.  Oh they are good.  Well not as good as Arby's but they are good.

After a couple hours of eating and some drinking the shuttle is back to take us back to hotel.  Party tonight in one room.  No I think I have had it for the day.  Too many long walking days in the heat.  Time to go back to room and put my feet up and watch a little boob tube.  I know BORING!  My choice tomorrow is going to be a big day and my legs they are a telling me now.  Sit down relax and just take it easy.  So here I is talking with all of you.  Well maybe one or two.

Tomorrow is registration and then it begins.  So talk again tomorrow.  I just a chilled tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment