a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Friday 16 August 2013

Day four in sacramento

This morning up and down to a little breakie.  Not much a muffin did seem to do the trick.  Too much food here.

Am meeting a few other ladies from different groups.  Still am a little on the quiet side so just sit back and listen to what is being said.  They say get in there and have a good time.  Well that may be for some people but for me it is hard.

After breakie hopped on a shuttle with a few other ladies and headed down to old Sacramento.  
We went to the costume store that is down in the this area.  The sidewalks are all made up of timber. Looks like when the cowboys where still around.  Interesting to see.  So in the costume store I found some feathers.  Very long feathers that I want for a hat I am going to make for gold fever.   Then I also found something to go with my which costume tomorrow.  A good day of walking around the old part of town.  They said there is a bling shop down here as well but did not have time to look as the shuttle would be coming back at a certain time to pick us all back up.

Well we sat for awhile waiting for the shuttle.  It was suppose to be back at 12 but did not get there until 12:30.  Warm sitting there waiting for it.

Back at the hotel.  And time to register.  Standing in line and they open up registration half hour early because so many are standing there.

So now registered and heading to the shopping area.  Bling bling bling.  Everywhere.!!!  What to choose.  Wandering and I see on top shelf a hat.  The most beautiful hat I have seen so far.  Bring it down and try it on.  You know it is mine.  It fits perfectly.  It is mine.  I will wear it tonight.  I find a bit of bling.  You know it has to be dolphins.  Did I mention I like dolphins.  Found a bracelet of a dolphin and a ring to match.  Oh am in my glory. I better stop or I will keep buying.  Wondering around.  There is so much to look at.  Clothing bling and more bling.

Back at the room.  Had to tear myself away.  But had to get dressed.  On goes the makeup.  Yes I am wearing makeup.  Not too often you see me with that.  No more pony tail.  Hair is pulled up.  On goes a very pretty dress.  Sequinned all over.  Gloves and then bling and then the hat.  I did not get a picture of this but maybe from one of the other ladies later on.  I think they may have taken some.

Well check this out.  The seven of us are the only Canadians there.  They say that we are the first Canadians to come to this affair.  Imagine that.  My first convention and it is the first time for Canadians.
Shop shop shop.
S now the dinner we all sat together.  Not spread out around the room.  Well that made me feel a little more comfortable.  I am not sure about sitting with people I don't know.  I know I better get use to it as you have allot more of these to go to.
Red hats everywhere.  Big beautiful red hats..  Some of them tried themes for the over the rainbow theme.  Is interesting to see what some ladies do.  Others were dressed to the hilt beautiful dresses and bling bling bling.

We go to choose what we wanted when we signed up for this a few months ago.  It started off with a salad and then I had the salmon and desert afterwards.  Yummy.

Then there was prizes given out afterwards.  One of the ladies at our table won a prize for best hat.  A very nice tea pot.
That partying will go on late into the night.dancing and socializing.  I being party pooper I am headed back to the room so I can get some sleepy by and be ready tomorrow for the pyjama party they are running tomorrow morning with breakie.  Well all our meals are included.  I am going to be so stuffed after this is all over.  Lots of food.

So that is it for the night. Another fun filled day tomorrow.  Shop till you drop.  Workshops and  costume party at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment