a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Tuesday 13 August 2013

First day in Sacramento

Well it wasn't as bad as I thought traveling without my hubby.  Pretty well a piece of cake.  What was I worried about.  Oh yeah. I am still a chicken, but now a chicken with wings.

Today getting up at the crack of dawn.  Walking the dogs and having some breakie.  Then checking on last minute things before I headed to Norma's place.  Her hubby is driving us down.  Very nice of him.  And will be picking us up when we come back.

Here is a few of the ladies waiting for the airplane to come in.  We got there a little early, which is good just in case something might happen on the way to airport.  We flew out of Bellingham.  This is a new experience for me.  I have always taken the easy way and headed for abbotsford.  But that trip would have taken me backwards and then forwards.  So out of Bellingham we went.    It is a very small airport and easy to maneuver around.  Straight through security and then waiting on the other side for the plane.  There are at least five gates to go from but they are all in a row.

So to board the plane just walk out on the Tarmac and climb the stairs to the seating.  The plane was a two proper.  A little smaller then what I am use to  but was okay.  We all had seats together.  Two in front of me and two over on other side of isle.  Considering I got my ticket at a different time the the rest of them did.  Well. Y hat box would not fit in the overhead compartment.  Hmmmm!  Will it fit under the seat in front on me.  Boy I got lucky there it did fit.  Then I just scrunched my purse behind my legs and hope the attendants did not see that it was not secured someplace.

So the flight takes about 35 minutes to get to Seattle were we were to board a bigger plane to head to Sacramento.  We have a nice easy flight.  Up we go and then level for awhile and then down again.  The landing was a little bumpy but was okay. Next flight we had to find right away.  It was going to board about the time we got off the other plane.  So hope that it is close by.not too bad a walk that was.  Just a few gates down.

Now they are loading people on already when we get down to that gate.  Good did not miss it.  Now look at we're everyone is sitting.  All the rest are at the back part of the plane and little old me is up at front.  Just behind the first class passengers.  Well I was sitting in the middle seat but I sure had leg room.  BONUS!!!    This flight took two and half hours.  From Seattle to Sacramento.  The view out the window was great.  Could see mountains glamour

Here is a picture of mount rainier   As we got further south the countryside got to be more sandy looking then what we were looking at first.  You could see all the fields of the farms below.  They are all square looking where if you look when you are crossing Canada you see circles.  I stared out the window and the decided to reed for awhile as I was just getting no where on seeing outside all the time..  Think I had a little cat nap in there as well.

So now finally land in Sacramento.  Big enough airport.  I am one of the first ones off so wait awhile for the rest of the ladies to get off.  Then we make our way to baggage claim.  You have to get on a train to get to the baggage claim and ground transportation.  Waiting and waiting and then finally the carousel turns on and out comes the luggage.  Oh there is mine one of the first ones.  Good I won't be naked for the week.  Bev agreed that that would be a good thing.

Ground transportation next.  We are on a shuttle to the hotel where we are staying.  Long drive for something that looks so short on e map.  Dropped off two other people at other hotels and then back into just so much traffic,  at least there is air conditioning in the shuttle.  It is pretty dang warm out there.

So after an hour riding in the shuttle we make it to the hotel.  Huge hotel I mean.  It is big.  With at least six wings for guest.  Time to check in.  First they give me a room in a different wing then the rest of the ladies.  Well that got changed pretty quick.  Now I am just down the hall from them.

I have a very nice room and you came see I have Internet as well.  A room all to myself as I don't think I would feel comfortable sharing a room.  For now it is good this way for me.  So I can mess up one bed one night and then mess up the other bed the next.

So now here we all are.  The only Canadians going to this convention.  According to the ladies running the convention we are the first Canadians to go to one of these conventions.  And as for me it is my first convention ever.  I am being called a daring darling as I am on my own with out any other ladies going from my group.  Well this chicken is spreading her wings.  If chickens can fly I am one of them

So now first night in hotel.  Lovely dinner in the hotel. Plans are made for tomorrow.  A few are getting up early and heading to Denny's and then heading for old Sacramento to look around.  A few others including me are staying in bed a little longer and then heading to brunch a little later.  That's me not an early riser.  If I don't get the sleep I need I will be toast.

So that is it for today.  Can use the Internet for a couple hours at night to keep ya up to date on my fun, fun, fun.  If you are really interested.  I know I don't go into too much detail but I give you an idea..  

So two more days until the real fun begins.  These ladies have been filing me in on how much there will be to do.  I think I will  be over whelmed here.  But I also am happy I am doing this.  Well at least so far.

Again that is it for today.  Talk to you again tomorrow night.  Time to snore my night away.

No comments:

Post a Comment