a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Wednesday 14 August 2013

Day two in Sacramento

Well today was a quiet day.

After yesterday up early,  traveling form  home to Norma's place , then getting into her car and heading for border to Bellingham.  Waiting for plane.  Getting on plane getting off plane and getting on another plane right away.  Landing in Sacramento were it is darn hot.  Waiting for luggage, glad it came through,  getting to a shuttle and then onto the hotel.  Was one long day.

So today being a bit of a rest day for me.  Well if you all walking a rest.  Last night was a bit of an early robed day.  After supper in the hotel restaurant me I had to order off menu while everyone else decided to buffet.  So I waited and waited for my supper while everyone else ate.  Well besides that the room is great and as you can see I get Internet so I can yak with everyone back home.  Well at least those who are interested.  I know not many.

So now back to this being a rest day.  I didn't get out of bed until 8:30.     I thought I might be later but yeah still get up kinda early.  Four of the ladies were heading for old town today.  So they were up early to get on a shuttle to go down town and look at old buildings and such.  For me I decided that sleep was a little more in my line.  So did not go along with them.  I took a bit of a walk around the hotel to get a lay of the surroundings.  Just so I know where things are and how long it takes to get to these places.  Better then calling for a shuttle all the time to take us from one place to another.  Which only takes about five minutes to get somewhere on the property then waiting and waiting just to get to some place.  Will take longer.  So I wandered around until about 9:30.  

From there I came back to room area and knocked on door of two other ladies who decided that sleeping was a better idea.  Bev and Lorna   They were up and we walked to the hotel lobby where we caught a shuttle to eat at Denny's.   great breakfast but so much food.  I am going to not be able to fit into dress I brought with me if I keep eating this way.  So much food.

After we had a brunch breakfast called for a shuttle from hotel and where given a ride to the mall.  From there I split off from Lorna and Bev and headed off to check out stores in the mall.  Huge mall.  You can walk and walk and walk in there.  Only thing though is it isn't much in the way of good stores. You get lots of shoe stores that have heals that you would fall off of.  At least I would.  Then there are the younger generation stores.  All the hip clothes that you wear.  I saw allot of nice things but nothing that would be in my price range.  I wandered through jc penny and Macy's and then found Nordstrom well that is an expensive store.  In any of the stores there was not much of a bargain.  There is shoes all with the highest heals you would ever see.  Not for me.  

So out of the mall I go. The temperature is rising.  My weather thing on the computer said it was going to get up to 39 degrees.  That is Celsius.  Yeah I would believe it.  Hot hot hot.  I sure did not want to be out in that very long.  So ducked into another door that I thought was a mall.  Well no such luck it was food court for the movie theatre.  At least it was cooler in there. Found a washroom and made use of it while I was there and back out into the heat.

Gaul it feels like it has gotten warmer.   I would like to get across a busy road but I keep walking the wrong way to get to a cross walk.  Up past toys r us and then a little further.  Is there ever going to be a cross walk.  I want to go to a store on other side of busy road.  Keep walking. Finally I say piss on it and cross part of the road and make my way up to a cross walk that is not connected to where I was. Across the grass and voila I am at a cross walk.  At least cars stop for you here.  Not like when I was in Florida and you take your life into your own hands to get across a cross walk.  Yeah made it to other side now where was that store I wanted.

It is called hobby lobby.  Something like a micheals in Canada but bigger.  Yes way bigger!!!  So through the mall parking lot I go.  And I come to kohls.  In I go to get out of the heat.  Walking across the parking lot is dang warm.  But yeah I decided to walk didn't I?   Well in the store and I find some really good bargains.    I picked up a couple a pretty purple tops and a purple skirt to wear.  Didn't cost too much at all.  As I was walking out of store I see a couple of ladies from my group sitting there and stop to say hi.  Then head off to the store I was intended to go to.  So they were back from the old part of town.

Craft store.  YES!!, I just love craft stores.  Feathers I do want some feathers and then there is some yarn that I could use. Oh over there is a material area.  Something you would not see in Canada.  Oh what I could buy in here.  The problem was I always had someone asking if I needed any help.  Every row I walked down.  Hi how are you can I help you with something.  No I would just like to look around.  Well if you need anything we are here to help.  Over and over again.  Shopping in there is not fun, but I did see allot of things you would not get in Canada.  I left empty handed.  For shame!!!    I still love craft stores just do not like being asked all the time if I need help.  I think I can find what I am looking for and not be bothered so much.

After leaving that store started to head back to the hotel.  Dang is it getting hot out here.  My legs are starting to tell me that I have walked too much as well.  Ouchie!!!  They are starting to stiffen and cramp.  Really telling me.  I go into the shell station just before the hotel and buy a couple bottles of water.  Boy I needed that.

Back at the room finally!  You know that pool looks so inviting.  I was going lay down for awhile but maybe I will just go down to pool and soak away some of the ouchies.  Swim suit on and down I go.  It is around 4 o clock so spend a little time down by pool and just enjoy.  I spend an hour and half there. After a day of walking the water feels so good.  I set up in the shade.  Lay out the towel and make my way slowing into the pool.  Water is soo cold after long day walking in heat.  I am in and gosh does it feel so good.  After a little while in pool head over to spa.  Turn on bubbles and just sit back and enjoy. Then outand over to chair to relax.  Legs are cramping.  Try the water again.  Going from hot tub to pool.  Back and forth. Well at least the water is making my legs feel a little better.

5:30 and I head up to room.  Have two messages from rest of ladies.  One saying we are not going to dinner with another group and the other saying we are all meeting down at bar for happy hour.  I change my clothes quickly out of wet suit.  Head down to bar to meet rest of ladies only to find two of them there.  The others have not shown yet.  A little while later the rest show up.  Appies for a few and drinks all around.  Well not me.  I just have usual of diet drink.  After drinks are over a few of us head over for supper while others head of to room for and early night.

I have a burger that is so huge I sure as heck can not finish it.  And I was right so much food I can not eat it all.  

So today. Allot of walking.  Warm weather to boot.  Dang hot!!!  A little shopping.  A bit of being accousted by sales persons. Allot more walking. And then to the pool to cool off.  Time spent on my own and just enjoying what I like doing.  Walking and enjoying the feeling of shopping dgetting a couple of bargains And then a little swimming to top off the day and cool off.  Get together with rest of ladies at end of day and recap our days over a drink or two.

I think I be stiff tomorrow but today was a very relaxing day for me.  One more day and then the real fun starts.  I think tomorrow I will head to the walking trail that is along the river.  Should be a nice quiet walk and maybe get to see some wildlife or maybe boats on the river.  Who knows or maybe just head back to shopping in the craft store again.  I did see a few things there I would like to have to craft with.

Well all will depend on whether my legs are up to it or not.  Okay legs don't let me down.  I need a few more days or I will be sitting on my butt recouparating.  I need to keep moving.

So that's it for today.  Talk to ya all again tomorrow.  It should get more exciting then this.  The convention starts in two more days and then there will be so much I will be over whelmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment