a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Saturday 17 August 2013

Hi all from the land of oz

Well today started off with a yummy breakfast dress in our Jammie's.  well mine were not exactly Jammie's but close enough
Canada t shirt and a night cap that looks like a Santa hat and canda jammie bottoms.I made it awhile ago.  I am standing next to scare crow.  Yeah right which one is the scare crow.
But look at all the Jammies still on while the workshops are going on


Then it was off to more shopping shopping shopping.  For all the things you did not pick up yesterday.
There were also workshops going on.  You could make a hat pin, or maybe a button ring or a flower earrings..  Then there was the picture frame or the cell phone case.  There was also a facinator workshop.  Here is my piece of art

I had to finish it in my room as there was not enough time to do all they wanted done on it.  So I bought a few flowers to cover up the glue spots I had made.  Look pretty good.  Will need a little touching up when I get home.

I had to buy a hat box to get home my big hat.  I seen this hat and you know it looked so great on me I had to buy it.  Wore it the first night to the dress up dinner.  Now I just have to get it home
Beautiful isn't it?  I know I have to get it home don't I?  

The facinator class took up most of the afternoon after lunch.  So didn't do any other workshops. I got in the hat pin workshop in the morning and the flower earring workshop in the morning.  Other then that just wandered around and looked at all the stuff for sale.  Oh how much I would love to have allot of it but. That is it.  Just looking.

Now tonight was the night of nights.  It is a twister costume party.  My my allot of emagination out there.  I saw ladies dressed as the yellow brick road.  Or the was allot of witches.  A few Dorothy's and scarecrows and tin man.  I didn't see much of the cowardly lion.  There was one dressed up as over the rainbow. Some ladies from the emerald city.  Was interesting to see what everyone thought up to do.  Me I was a witch.  Not a great one but I did try
What cha think?

So now just one more day and then it is homeward bound.  Yeah with all my excess luggage..  Will still have to figure it out.  Next time bigger suitcase then if I buy something silly I know I can get it home.

So lots of fun so far.  Great food and lots to do

No comments:

Post a Comment