a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Sunday 16 February 2014

Viva lost wages

Today started my next red hat trp.  Got up early, heaven forbid.    Now am sitting on the plane and I am sooo sleepy.

The drive this morning was very uneventful.   Luggage put in car after a small breakfast.  Yes it all fit in the my little bug.  Hubbie kept telling me that I had too much and that my son would have to run along beside to get to the airport.  Well we all did fit in. 

The border crossing was just a easy going through.  No big lineup there as well.  Sunday morning and everything is going as planned.  Only five minute wait at the border. Good parking spot close to the bus stop.  So did not have to walk too far.  And the rain held off for us too.  The wind is a little nippy here though.  Since silly me did not wear her coat it was a little on the cold side. Had on a cape that kept some of the wind out though.  Yeah yeah it is purple and I have on my red base ball cap.  So am styling here.

The only thing that I figured would go wrong did.  My luggage was a tad over.  By two whole pounds.  So had to pay overweight.  Could have moved some of my stuff to rob's bag but that is just again unpacking and packing up again.  Didn't want to do that in the airport.  shoved son in tiny seat and we were off.  My son just put his two cents in here.    Yes the seats are a little on the tiny side for a big fellow like rob.  He says it is okay. But he is probably fuming on the inside.  Okay says he is not  fuming. The seatbelt is a little tight on him.  I guess on the way home will see if can get in the nice comfy seats at the front.

So that's it until tonight.  Will add some more when we hit Vegas.


Vegas here we are.  First day here.  At the airport.  Follow the signs that say luggage pickup.  Was real easy to find.  Yes I did get my luggage this time.  They did not loose it.  But I bet they did want to loose it since it was heavy.  Well I am lugging it around so I think maybe they could lug it a little from the plane to the carousel.  Okay now that we have luggeage were do we go.  Um not really sure.  Need to find a shuttle someplace.  So out the doors we go just beside the carousel.  Well low and behold the shuttle and limousines and retail car area is right there.  We first got in the wrong line but quickly figured that out and headed over to the kios to pay for shuttle to Golden Nugget.  We paid for the two of us 30 some dollars for a return trip to the airport.  Got on the shuttle and were driven around Las Vegas were he dropped off other passengers along the way.  We were the last to get off.  

Next problem were do we check in.  The shuttle let us off at a door that has no check in area there.  So we walked following signes until we finally found the desk for check in.  Not much of a line up and was easy to get through.  So now to find the room.  Go down this hall and to a certain floor and then follow down this hallway and around and around we go until we finally came to our room.  In we go and drop everything.

First thing I got to do is check and make sure none of my feathered friends were damaged.  I am happy to say that they all made it intacked.  I am happy about that.  But rob right now may not be happy with all the feathers spread around  the room.  He can live with it as it is my room anyways and he is just tagging along.

So now that I have sorted out and spread myself around the room.  We go out and see if we can find a few things.  We took a walk down Fremont street during the light hours.  Not too impresive but wait until tonight.  I was just trying to see if I could find Hennessy's as that is were the pirate dinner is.  No such luck but then again we may have not gone far enough.  Decided on eating at the rush in the hotel and it was just about time for dinner to be served so we headed back towards the nugget.

The resteraunt was rapped around a huge aquarium.  We sat right beside it and could watch the fish swimming around while we ate.  We had a coupon from the front desk so decided it was a good place to eat.  Well the meals came out to over 100 bucks for he two of us.  It was our treat for coming down here.  Now we are going to start being a little more frugal.  With some of the shows we are seeing we get a buffet with it so that will make it a little easier on the pocket book.

After finished our meal headed back out to Fremont street to see the lights.  Music playing and people everywhere.  It took me back to a time when the music was loud and the concerts I use to go to and the lighting of the place.  It is an experience to just stand there in aw.  I loved it.  I even got a smile out of rob.  He is such a serious person that does not smile too much.  So this is a good thing if he can stand me for the week and half that is.  So far he is enjoying himself.

So after an hour or so wandering around Fremont we headed back to the room.  Need to get a little sleep after the early morning we both had.  I did have a little nap on the plane but still not enough and we have another big day tomorrow.  Hopefully it does not get too hot for rob.  He does not like the heat too much.

I will not be on every night as the wifi cost 12 dollars for every 24 hours.  So may only be on every second day.
So will talk again in a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment