a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Thursday 20 February 2014

Hello all. Convention has started. Well at least the preliminaries of fun and meeting everyone



So today started out with having to get up a little earlier then I usually do.  Lovely,  I am just a little sleepy here.  Was up the night before and didn't sleep too well last night.

So go myself up and moving.  Rob just rolled over and went back to sleep.  Lucky sawd he was.  I think he may have spent the whole day here as well.  Just went out and had some dinner and then came back to the room and watched tv.  Hmmm got to get him out doing something.  He has thought a little about going to another show but I do not know if that will happen.  Anyways enough about my son and how he lives his life.  It is Vegas go out and check out something or rather. Bayou only get here so often you know.

So why did I get up early.  Well to go on a quilting tour.  See some quilt shops around the area.  There was about 16 ladies went on this tour.  Shopping, shopping, shopping.  That's what it was about and yes looking at the quilts they had hung in their shops.  Na it was the shopping.
Am I right or am I right.  The material in these shops were just what was needed.  Or maybe not mpneeded but it was fun to buy and figure out what you might make out of it.  Yes I did buy too.  Brought a bag back to the room that now I have to figure out how to get it home.  Um!!!  Rob you got room in your suitcase.  My was overfull on the way down here.  I don't think it is going to get any lighter on the way home.
Here's the ladies and their bags of goodies at our last stop.  The picture above is of sue who was our tour guide for the day.  She is a quilter and knows all the best places to go.  The trip was fun and we had allot of laughs all day long.  There was a meal also.  Everything was home made.  No canned stuff.  All made from scratch.  Gosh that meal was good.

We got back to the hotel around three o'clock.  And up to the room with our parcels.  Some were smart and sent them back parcel post.  Maybe I should have too but I think it will fit in someplace.  Had a good day.

After an hour in the room, were I was hoping to maybe get in a nap which was to no availe for me.  I just nodded off and then my cell phone rang.  Great thought something may have happened at home or maybe rob got into something.  It was a dang telemarketer.  No thanks do not want.  Stop calling me.  Would be nice.

So got dressed for the pirate dinner tonight.
Ha don't I look just smashing.  Well that is a matter of opinion I guess.  Got to wear my new shirt I made and bussle .  I know you really can't see the bussle but it is there.  Over my already big butt.

Went down the elevator and met up with some ladies that were down stairs waiting to head over there.  No one really knew were it was and since I had already figured it out kinda led the way.well with the help of Lynnette.  She became capiton and led the way until she realized she was suppose to be meeting some ladies at Starbucks to walk down with them.  So I headed off with three of the ladies to head on down freemont street.

When we got there,  there was allot of ladies already there sitting in the bar waiting for the doors to open.  The outfits varied from very simple to very elaborate.  Really interesting to see what some ladies will come up with.
There was lots of talkand meeting up with people you have not seen in awhile.  Just talk ingot o on email or Facebook.  Me I did not know too many so as usual found a place to sit with some ladies from Quebec and enjoy the view of what was unfolding.  Dinner was served as a buffet.  Everyone got up at once to stand in line to get some food.  Meal was good maybe not as filling as some would like but it was good.  

There was some draws done afterwards.  Were a fifty fifty draw was made.  And then a few door prizes were given out as well.  Ladies started pestering out after that heading back to their hotels.

Last stop for the night.  A meet and greet at the pool.  There was allot of ladies there.  Coming in and out.  Sitting around the fire.  Always some different people to see.  I sat with some ladies from California and then migrated over to an international group that included a lady from England.  One from New Zealand.  A couple from Langley bc and Washington state.  I stayed for about and hour then getting a little chilly headed back to the room. 

 So today was a very busy day.  Saw lots of ladies from Facebook friend.  Well at least put people to the faces I see on the computer.  Was a bit of a long day for me, but it was a good day..  Just have to work up the courage to get to know these ladies instead of just looking at them and saying oh that is so and so.

Well I am trying.  Just takes me a bit.

Talk again tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment