a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Saturday 22 February 2014

Another day done and one more to go then convention is over.

So up not so bright and early this morning.  Thank goodness for that.  I am getting bags under me eyes from too much fun.

Here is my two dress ups for the day.  What cha think

I clean up pretty good don't cha think.  Well for the effort I put into putting this outfit together I got some rave reviews.  Didn't win the visor contest though.  Yeah that hat is made out of a visor.  I guess it took it too soon to be voted on, but I wanted to wear it tonight so got to the room when it was opened and picked it up.  Thought they may have done their voting on it after tea but I guess not.  Oh well didn't need to bring anything more home anyways.

This morning was a tea down in the ball room.  We had certain tables we had to eat at to get to know our table mates.  Met a nice lady from chiiliwack she sat beside me and we talked a bit.  The meal consisted of turkey on bread with some gravey and a salad and mashed potatoes.  Very delish.  Then a piece of Apple pie for desert.  A couple of skits were done and a few prizes were given out.  No win there. Oh well I still say did not need to bring anything more home.

We then had Elvis in the room.  He sang a few song did pictures with the ladies and all round entertained us.

Went back to the room after and changed into some more comfy cloths.  Rob was not in the room so went out for a bit of a walk.  Stopped at the vender first.  Yes I am not buying anything just looking.  Oops saw something that might fit the bill for tonight.  Hmmm do I have 30 dollars in my wallet.  My credit card is not on me.  Shucks oh yes I do but that is going to leave me with no money with me right now.  Yes I guess I am going to buy it.  Silly me.  You should not have gone in there.  Well I bought another peacock because the earrings were a better colour then the ones I had.  So now I have some more peacocks for jewelry.  I guess I can use them someplace. Mean always use a little more bling.

After that took a little stroll down Fremont street just to get a little air.  There was lots of people there today.  And a band was playing in one of the stands.  I took a stroll through a couple of stores and yes did not buy a thing.  Good for me.  I had no money in my purse anyways so how could I have bought anything.  Good thinking.

I came back to the room and rob was back there.  Said he had headed over to Denny's to get something to eat.  He keeps thinking about some artist doing spray paintings up the strip and thinks that maybe he would like to buy one.  They are nice pictures but the same as me how do you get it home.  That is always the question.

I started my prep for the costume I was wearing tonight.  That showgirl costume you saw above.

So walking down the hall towards the ballroom.  I got so many stares and people wanting to take my picture.  I guess my outfit was a big success.  I had a few ladies taking my picture as well   Well I got some rave reviews so I guess I had done a good job.

We had our meal of chicken and potatoes and salad.  Cheese cake for desert.  Then prizes were given out.  Well I did win two hats.  Yep something else to take home.  I think I might be in trouble now.  Then the ladies danced the night away.

The night was great fun.  Good friends and lots of laughs and dang allot of fun!  That is what red hatting is all about.

Well have to head for bed.  Tomorrow is a pj breakfast in the ballroom.  Talk to you tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment