a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Wednesday 16 August 2017

Well she is writing again.

Hey all

Back at writing again.  You know what that means.  Yep another convention coming my way.  This one is big.  Over 500 ladies will be there.  We will be celebrating the birthday of Canada.  150 years under our belt now.  Canada still looks great for being 150.

So this is going to be a fun convention in more ways then one.  Besides a birthday this will be a first convention for my sister-in-law.  She joined the red hat society last September when I gave her a membership.  Since getting this membership she has met a few lovely ladies in Ontario who have made her so welcome.  Is a member of two groups now.  One a little layer back and another that love to get out and do things.  I have heard she has been to a large dinner where there was allot of red hatters.  Has gone to a play and enjoyed it so much.  Also all the ladies she has met on Facebook.  Talking with them and putting in her two cents here and there to add to the conversation.

So now I am not sure what she is going to think of going with me to a convention.  I get my giggles in once in while but still am a very quiet person.  Everyone who knows me knows I do not say much.  Well you know unless I am on Facebook or writing this blog.  I blab a mile a minute here.  Go figure.  Two different people in me.  I feel more comfortable at this.  Why?  I have no idea.  Maybe it is because I am not face to face.  That I feel uncomfortable with.  I don't hear as great as I use to.  Maybe I am behind on the conversation.  Or trying to talk with someone when I have no skills at it is just not me.  Well I do try, just don't get too far at it.

I am telling Ivy we are gonna have a blast.  Get out of our shells and meet as many red hatters as we can.  Well she may do a better job at it then me.  I have been to conventions before so know most of the drills, but I am still a little backwards on some unless I have someone leading the way.

Now on this one I am going to be leading the way.  I have to soften my shell and see what I can do.  I am coming up on not going to as many conventions.  Health reasons are starting to kick in and doing as much is getting me exhausted.  Part way through the day I sometimes have to give up on the fun and go back to room to put up my feet or even down for a nap.  If I keep going too much I will miss out on allot as I won't be up on doing anything and ready to just crash.

Well me keeping up.  Let's see.  I fly in to Kitchener.  Crash for the night and then pick up Ivy the next day.  Then the fun begins.  Drivin down the highway.  Mostly older roads and back roads.  Not taking any four lane roads if I can help it.  Want to see the country.  Not the back of someone's bumper as we sit in traffic.  We will be heading north.  Stopping when we want and just driving.  Hoping to see a few sights along the way.  Let's see a carp statue, maybe a statue of a cow.  Older towns that still look like they belong in the here after.  Love looking at older buildings and silly things that will make Ontario interesting and what it is.  The people and the places.

First big stop will be at Blue Mountain.  Do some cave walking and if I can get her up to maybe do a zipline.  Well we will see.  Maybe I will back out.  Who knows.  There is a tree top adventure there too were you walk along allot of bridges along the trees for one to another.  After that stop we are on the road again still heading north.  Check out the beaches we use to go to as a kid.  Well one of us anyways.  Wasaga beach and up along that lake.  Around the lake and maybe make it over to Penitanguishine.  I know may be bad spelling there but you get the idea.  Driving along the water is great.  Away from the highways and cars.

From there start heading east and make our way to our hotel for the night.  Few Klms  under our belt and time for a rest.  Maybe a bit of walking around the town we are staying at or maybe just crashing in our room from a fun day.

Next morning on the road again heading north again.  Once we hit Huntsville will be heading east again.  Algonquin park is part of our journey.  Every time have been near there have not seen any wild life.  Hopefully this time will see a few along the road.  Makes the journey more exciting if you see some wild life  besides trees and lakes.

Out the other end one stop for us before Ottawa is the Deifenbaker bomb shelter.

Now we head into Ottawa.  This will be a yuk for me.  Driving into a big city to find a hotel and park our car for a few days.  It looks like it is an easy trek in if I stay with the water, but if I miss a turn we are totally going to be going in circles looking for where I was suppose to be.  Stressful at the time but we can laugh about it afterwards.  That is if we make it to the hotel.  My co pilot says she is inept when it comes to maps and such.  So I guess I am on my own as best I can.  I know we will make it, just depends when.  Hopefully not after the convention is over.  That would be a bummer.

So we have a couple of days in Ottawa before the convention starts.  We are doing touristy things.  Getting on a duck boat for a tour, taking a haunted walk, one night we are going to a cirque soleit show.  Another day we  are doing a tea.  Checking out kwantinium.  We are talking about doing a biplane ride over the parliament buildings and going down the river in rafts.  Well we will see.

The convention is three days.  There is free time in the afternoon to check out more things.  We get to celebrate and meet up with old and new ladies.  Make new friends and catch up with old friends.  Some days we dress in themes.  Mostly we just giggle and play.  I have a blast at any one of these conventions. While we play in Ottawa some ladies are going out on cruises or taking bus tours to Montreal.  That will be a long day for some, but well worth it.

Last item is we are doing a pirate ship ride.  Last of our goodbyes before we start heading back home.  For Ivy and I it will be one more night in hotel and then heading out the next day.  Now not heading for home yet.  Taking a drive over the the St. Lawrence and a drive down along highway 2.  You guessed it not the 401.  Not getting near that highway if I can help it.  A nice easy drive down along the river.  We have a 1000 island boat tour booked to catch during the day.  Other then that there is kingston for the Fort and there is pioneer village or a few others interesting sites on the way down.

We have another stop for the night and then the next day we head to the Niagara peninsula.  No way in heck I am driving in Toronto,  so going to be a big loop around Toronto and area.  More byways and backroads.  They are more fun anyways.  We have a hotel booked in that area so we can check out around Hamilton or the Niagara region.  Go one way one day and go the other way the next.  Wine tours, check out the Falls, see the scenic side of the Niagara area.  One day meet up with a few friends and gather more giggles on our time away.

By this time. It has been two weeks together.  I think we will be tired and ready for home.  Take Ivy back home and then I head to my hotel.  Next day off on my flight back home.  Fun is over and  time to head home.  Until next time and another convention.  Las Vegas here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment