a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Wednesday 23 August 2017

Another day, more sore feet.

Well they are not that bad.  We did make another day of over 10000 steps.  Well that is according to my Fitbit.  It is defineatly getting its workout now.

Up a bit earlier then the day before.  Okay what is on the menu for today.  Went down and had some Timmies again.  Convient place to have a starting breakie.  We said hello to a few ladies in the lobby who were heading out on their adventures for the day.

We left the hotel.  Said to Ivy going to be a bit of walking and backtracking today.  Should not be as much walking (ha she said with an evil grin).  Just seeing the same things twice or maybe three times.  So off we go.  First we had to go down to the travel kios and see about our duck boat tour.  Some of the ladies had put on Facebook that the time had been changed to a bit earlier.  So we get to the kios and I hand in my paper and explain that there might have been a change.  She looks it up and says she was just trying to call me and tell me about the change.  Problem was they were not calling me personally, but calling the house phone.  Someplace I am not right now.  Silly me did not put my cell phone on there but the house phone.  Hmmm never get a hold of me that way.  My mistake. Silly, silly me.

So after the duck tour was all figured up.  We walked back up the way we came down the pedestrian street so we could go to kontinuum.  We where there early and the lady that was at the entrance says she will let us go in now.  Great, we can get that done and be back at the duck boat ride in time.  

Kontinuum.  If you are having problems with strob lights and bright to dark lights or stairs it would be a problem for you.  You go in the entrance.  First thing you come to a person who gives you a card with a scan on it.  You take this card over to the scanner and scan it.  The machine then takes a digital pixel picture of you.  You then walk down a couple of flights of stairs.  It is dark to light and then dark again as the lights go on and off.  So if on a flight of stairs you have to think about where you are stepping.  At the bottom of the landing at the station level. The screens look like a train is going through.  As you walk on you go through allot of streamers that reflect the lights that are flashing.  It is quite a sight to see.  All the lights and lazors are interesting to looks through.  Just a bit confusing walking through at a few points.  I liked the walk through.

We stopped at a food court at the pedestrian walk.  Backtracking again.  I had the best creips ( bad spelling). I know thin pancakes I have had with Nutella and strawberries and cream.  Yum!!  Ivy had some pasta and when she saw what I was having had to order that as well.  Well she got her calories as well back.  We then stopped in at rexal and got a couple of essentials.  Back down to the other end of the pedestrian walk in order to get to where the duck boat was to pick us up.  We stopped in at the bakery for a pee break before we got on the bus, boat.  Oh a bakery.  Those pastries look soooo good.  Just had to have one.  Well my calorie intake just went up today too.  But dang sooo good.

We got over to the bus stop and other ladies were there waiting as well.  We filled the back of the bus.  We got our intro to the tour guide and the bus driver.  Off we went.  We passed the building were the premiere does his business.  Hmm that doesn't sound right.  Were he works when he is in town.  Drove down Wellington street past the parliament buildings and to the first bridge just past the the court house at the military museum.  Next thing we know we are over the bridge and into Quebec.  We past a native village setting and turned right going past a building that had no right angles. Okay dumb, dumb can not remember the name of the building.   From there we drove down the ramp and into the water of the Ottawa river.

Oh look a bus that floats.  We are traveling along the Quebec side up the river.  Look at the backside of the no angle building.  See a couple of items that look like an upside down canoe and a paddle.  We then turn back and get some great views of the Ontario side.  You can see the backside of the parliament buildings and down further the cathedral and the art museum.  The Rideau canal and the steps down of the locks you have a great view of.

We then make our way back up the ramp to dry land on the Quebec side. Go past a place that has 150 different things in it. Might go look at that tomorrow.  I think, but I don't think we will be walking there.  I think I have given her too much walking already.  She says let's keep going but I do not want to hoop her in any way.  I can walk forever, but Ivy is a different story on her abilities.  I can say though that we have seen allot of the city.

With the hop on hop off tomorrow hop to see a bit more.

Oooppps back on the bus.  Getting ahead of myself.  We head for the bridge back to ottawa.  Down past the byword market and back towards the stop we got on at.  Was a fun ride.  Got to go from land to water.  And saw a few things from the distance that we would probably not see up close.

Now backtracking once more.  We head back to the hotel room.  Drop off a couple of purchases and sit for a bit with our feet up.  I then say it is time to head over to Quebec.  The show starts at 8 and the gates open at 7:30. So we grave a taxi.  Yes do you believe it we get in a taxi.  Not very often I take a taxi. Headed over to Quebec side and plan to go to circus soleit.  We get out of the taxi.  Walk to the entrance.  Have our tickets scanned.  What oh our tickets are for tomorrow night.  Oh oh. Second dumb, dumb thing for me today.  We walk back out to the street and wait to see if we can get a taxi back.  Well we started walking instead.  Across the bridge and half way took a look out at the Ottawa river.  Walked a little further and went down onto a sidewalk and ended up have some nachos and a beer.  Well one of us had a beer at the old mill brewery.  Sat there for a bit. Enjoying the nachos.  Until I hit something hot.  Oh the burn.  Water please.  Lots of water.  We asked for no jalopinoes but I think we got one.  Or there might have been something in just one spot that was mighty hot.  Oh the burn..  I put an ice cub in my mouth for a bit to kill the burn.  The nachos were great until then.  So I just picked and chose a few more and said that was it for me.

We came back out of the brewery and made the last of the trek back to hotel.  Ivy stepped up her pace a bit so I figured she wanted to get back to hotel.

That was the end of our day.  Just allot of backtracking over the same area but we did find different things each time we past through.  

Oh big success today.  Ivy learned how to post and put pictures on Facebook. She is just proud as punch over that.

So enough writing for the night.  Is 11:30 and maybe hoping we might get out of bed a little bit earlier tomorrow


No comments:

Post a Comment