a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Monday 21 August 2017

Another day more giggles but not as much. I got too many wrinkles now

Hey everyone

Day four for me.  Right yep it is day four.

Last night we spent in Orrillia.  Nice enough place for the night.  I was out like a light after we got a bite to eat down the road and shower.

On the road again.  Just can't wait so get on the road again.  Right now is me saying oh really.  I have to drive in Ottawa tonight.  That may not be an exciting prospect.  Well I will think about that later today.  For now.  Breakfast is in hand and I need some sustinence.  It is great when the hotel has courtesy breakie for you.  So had a little to eat and then went back to room and lugged the suitcases back to the car that we lugged in last night.

Headed up highway 11.  Not too busy with cars but boy do they love to drive 20 or so clicks over the speed limit.  Every one just driving and getting where they are going.  Just as fast as they can.

This will be an uneventful day for us.  Well at least for me.  There are trees and lakes and highway.  Been there done that.  And sometimes it just goes on and on.  Well I did enjoy the ride.  The only thing is I do not think Ivy has been anywhere at all.  Every corner and curve we went around. Oh look that is gorgeous.  Wow just beautiful.  So I started telling her it is just trees and water.  Oh now I sound like her hubby she says.  Well enjoying the trip through her eyes anyways.  

Finally I said oh look there is a cow.  She looked at me like what?  I said a cow.  And it is a brown cow.  Makes chocolate milk.  It is a nice cow..  next thing I know she is pointing out cows for me.  We also saw a horse and maybe a goat or two.  Then a heard of cows.  We both yelled at the same time.  Cows!!oh brother.!

Well we did make it to Algonquin park.  Just before the park I pulled into a trading post type place.  It was time for me to walk a little and stretch.  Oh yeah someone else had to check out almost everything to see if there was something worth taking home.  Love to buy for this person or that person.  Maybe I could get something like this for this person.  Me I just bought a tshirt.  Well you know it was purple.

Drove through the park after that.  You know every time I go through parks I would expect to see some sort of wildlife.  Nada nothing.  Bummer..  we did stop once to get out and walk.  While we where walking the trail.  I started to howl like a wolf.  Ivy looks at me like what are you doing.  I say seeing if I get an answer.  I did it again.  You know I did get an answer.  Off in the distance I heard an answer back.  She said it was the kids on the trail ahead of us.  I said nope and did it again.  That time I heard a couple answer back.  Interesting.  Just as long as they do not come to visit.  Well I can play Alaska bush people too and get answers from wolves.

Well at least this was an easy drive today.  No turns or back around and uturns.  We went straight up highway 11 and onto highway 60 and then onto highway 17.  No stopping to check my app and see whether I was in the wrong place.  Easy peasy.  And now the car is tucked away in the garage downstairs taking a rest until we leave at the end of our time here.  So now allot of walking on our poor poor feet.  I am going to feel very sorry for my poor poor feet by the end of this week. 

So down in the lobby.  I have met a few ladies already who are here.  Aussie Annie is here,  I got my hug from her. I met our table hostess Heather and her sister.  Easy name to remember.  It is Brenda.  Then also got my hug from Brenda M.  Ivy was in on the hugging too.  She felt so excited about this.  You know. It is so much fun to watch and see it through her eyes.  Being new and wondering what to expect.  And being so welcome by these ladies.  A beautiful thing to watch.  Still a little shy at it but she is fitting in beautifully.  Then she asked afterwards.  Did I do okay.  I say just be yourself and enjoy.  They will love you if you just be yourself.

Last stop tonight.  We walked down to the parliament building and watched the nightly light show.  Oh wow!  That was so great.  Told all the history of Canada with pictures illuminated of the building.  Along with a lazor show as well.  Lasted about half an hour.  We danced on parliament hill to the music that was playing before the show started.

We made our way back to the hotel where now I am sitting with my feet up and relaxing my back.  A bit tight after the drive today.  Then the walk down to the hill to watch show have put my back and feet on a bit of an edge right now.  So just chilled in the room.

Oh I forgot to mention.  My drive into Ottawa.  Not as bad as I thought it would be.  I did want to get off the main highway and take the route along the water front.  Thought is would be allot easier and not as much traffic.  But to my disbelief I did not find the turn I wanted and instead kept driving on highway 417 through busy traffic in Ottawa.  I read a sign that said to down town take Watson street.  So told Ivy who was being very quiet while I was dipriving busy traffic to look for that street.  When we see it we are getting off this crazy road.  Found it.  Turned onto it and headed for down town.  Wow!  It brought us right out in frompnt of the parliament building, where we turned left as I had a bit of an idea where the hotel was from there.  Yes I did miss the street, but pulled into the armoury parking lot and looked at my app.  Okay two streets back from where we were and it is on the right.  A one way street..  we found it on the way back.  Okay want to get into the front of hotel to check in.  Nope one way the other way.  Can not turn in there.  Well will have to go around this block and over this way and back around.  Ha got into the front of hotel but the only parking spot was taken by a car that pulled in before us.  Back around the block again and see if we can do it this time.  Back in to front of hotel and yes!  Someone is pulling out.  Beautiful. I can park.  Get our luhpggage out and check in.  We are here and car is now parked in the garage down stairs.  All luggage is up in room.  Had to go down to car once though.  A journal book was left in the glove compartment and she wanted it.

So I am so proud.  I made it in a big city driving to the hotel and not a mishap.  But driving around the country over near Collingwood and I pass it four times before I find the right road to get us to some caves. Go figure.

Well one more drive to get out of the city and then my stress can go down four fold.  Won't be driving in Toronto so I will be a happy camper.  No need for me to be there. As nothing we are seeing there.

So that is it for the night.  Tomorrow is a free day to check out where we are and just wander.  Oh my poor poor feet, but the rest of me will have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment