a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Sunday 20 August 2017

Well driving, driving, driving. And oh the giggles

Day three. Well for me anyways.  Day one for Ivy.  She was almost ready when I showed up at the house.  Thought I was going to be there at 11.  Well I kinda showed up a little earlier.  No not that early in the morning.  Made it there by 9:30 .  Said a quick hi to Randy before he headed for bed.  Working a night shift he was.  Gotta get sleep when you can.  And he now has a quiet house as we are not around to pester him.  Aw the women are gone.  Well we are saying the same about them.  We are on the road with no gents around.

You would not believe the giggling that was going on in that car today.  I am going to have so many more wrinkles by the time this trip is done from all the giggling that was going on.  Some of the things we talked about .  Yeah all silly stuff but it was just girl talk between the two of us.  No we didn't man bash.  Just talked and caught up.  Would you believe it I actually was talking instead of saying yeah, unhuh! And no kidding.  Just talking.  We where all wore out by the end of the day.  Gonna be a restful night tonight.  

So now Ivy is writing in her journal and I am writing mine.   We have silence right now.  The tv playing in the background d for noise and heavily concentrating on writing.  So I wonder what bad things she is writing about me over there.  How I got lost and how I didn't have the right shoes or getting us late someplace .  I know I didn't feed her enough.  The car was a bit more quieter as we pulled up to the hotel.

We left her place around 11:30 this morning.  No actually it was 11:00.  Or just before then.  Two minutes before as I said we were early getting on the road.  A turn this way and a turn that way and oh should we not have turned back there.  No I think it is this way.  Well let's try this way and see if it gets us where we are going.  We pulled in to St Jacobs.  Was going to do a bit of a wander.  Dang stores are still closed.  Nothing opens up early on Sunday.  So a walk down the street and back to the car. 

Okay next place I want to see.  Didn't even know it was there until I read about it on the internet.  There is a covered bridge in Montrose.  Well they call it the kissing bridge.  So when you go through with your beau you stop in the centre where no one will see sneak a little kiss.  We walked to the other side.  Thought there was an ice cream shop on the other side. Well it was a gift shop now.  Took a couple of pictures.  Watched a fellow playing with a drone and then where on our way again.

Next place we where driving through was Elora and Fergus.  Boy was Elora a busy place.  The buggies and horses where all parked in the shade.  Every place we wanted to park was full.  So didn't get to take a lookie loo at the gorge.  Well we went over a couple of bridges and saw some of it.  You know I think we went over a couple of bridges more then once.  I was looking for a certain road I wanted to turn on and for the life of me could not find it.  We saw the library three time.  We went by a garage sale a couple of times.  We saw the horse and buggies a couple of times too.  Elora is not that big of a place but when you are looking for a road you want you get to see it a few times.  I finally found a road that would take me to the road I wanted.  When we finally got on it and heading north.  Looked behind and realized it was a road that had construction on it.  So there that is why we could not find it.  It was closed.

Fergus was quiet.  Not much going on there.  Everyone was in Elora.  Okay so through Fergus and on our way north.  You know roads you read on the map say a number and then you go looking for that number and all the roads have names.  How the heck you suppose to find a road you want when the road does not exist under the same category.  You know how many times I drove back and forth ending up heading east or west instead of north and then east like I wanted too.

We saw allot of the Niagara escarpment going up and down and all around.  Through Collingwood and then close by and then heading the wrong way and then think it might be the right way.  Well wonders of wonders I did make it to Blue mountain.  We had all high hopes of walking through the caves.  Maybe doing the zipline.  Um never made it in the gate.  I was wearing sandles.  They do not let you in with sandles on.  You have to be wearing running shoes or closed in shoes.  Mine where at the bottom of a suitcase.  Under another suitcase.  So didn't feel like digging.  It was warm anyways and that was just going to make me warmer.  So now all this talk about doing a zipline and it didn't get done.  Well we will have to see if we can find one someplace else.  I am a bad, bad person.  Should have dug out those shoes and went for it.  Well that is my story and I am sticking to it.  I was lazy.

Okay down the mountain and then onto Collingwood.  Yeah again.  Well not done yet.  I turned the wrong way and had to make a u turn and go back through Collingwood again.  I think we just loved Collingwood that much.  Finally onto Wasaga Beach.  Well that place is not what it was many years ago.  All built up and no beach to be seen unless you head over by the water.

Our last stop for the day.  We made it with no trouble to Midland.  We found the fun castle park, but it was closed.  Got a couple of pictures around the outside before they closed the gate.  The building was interesting to see what one fellow would build.  Last stop was also in Midland.  We saw the Mytres Shrine.  Wow impressive.  There was so much land around the church with all sorts of statues.  Beautiful place.  I liked walking around there.

So now we headed along highway 12 over to our last stop with food and a place to sleep for the night. I made a wrong turn there, but it worked out to be a good thing.  It was a shorter drive to the hotel then if we would have taken the highway there..

Now snuggled into our bed dies for the night.  

Good night all.
Talk to you tomorrow night. Hopefully from Ottawa


No comments:

Post a Comment