a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Tuesday 22 August 2017

Monsoons came in today. Tornado warnings and yep we went out anyways

Good day all.  Oh my where do I start to day.  

We had a great sleep last night, but got woken up by a phone ringing early in the morning.  Ivy being silly the night before called her hubby.  So first thing this morning, well he called back.  That left me with a bit of a headache most of the day.  At least it did not erupt into some worse.  I was happy about that.  No worries to you Randy.  All is good.

Next wake up call came when the first thunder storm came through.  Rumble, rumble and boom!  Rumble, rumble and boom!  Gosh I have not heard a thunderstorm in so many years.  We don't get many where I live.  You may hear one crack and that is it. But not a full blown wind and lightning and thunder. Ha, and Ivy slept right through it.  Said she never heard a thing.

When I finally decided to roll myself out of bed I check the weather app.  Severe thunder storms, high winds and tornado warning where on there.great we are going to walk out in that.  Heck yes!  We finally got ourselves organized for the day and headed out for a walk.  I asked if she was up for it, she said yes. So off we went.  We got downstairs and went into Timmies for a morning breakfast.  Well by the time we got out of the room it was an afternoon breakfast.  Or at least pretty close to noon. She is telling me I am a very patient person.  Well if I don't like what is being done I will go off and she can come when she is ready.  I am having no problem though but she will know if I do.  So far no worries. Am having fun.  Just a few second guessing once in while.

As we where about to leave timmies.  The sky opened up.  Oh did it ever open up.  I think we will wait and see what is going to happen with the weather.  So we sat for a bit and watched the rain mind you the terential rain and wind and oh my gosh it just came down.  The wind blew bringing the rain in the doors along with people just trying to get out of the rain.  Umbrellas turning upside down wind.  Soaking everything.  Oh boy was just so serious out there.

Then the sky cleared and it was beautiful.  Still cloudy and very humid.  Gonna be a warm walk.  So off we went.

First stop the tomb of the unknown solder.  They were just about to start a changing of the guards.  The bagpipes started and the replacements came marching in.  Inspection was done.  They then took their places at guard.  The  guards that where protecting the tomb removed themselves to stand with the bagpiper and they marched off.  Very prestigious performance.

Off and walking again.  Headed over to the market.  Checked out the vendors and shops around there.  Some lovely things there,  I seen a couple of things I would like but just a bit pricey for me.  Ivy did some more shopping.  I would walk into a store she wanted to see.  Take a wander and then walk back out or stand and wait while she decided.  Should I get this one.  Should I see if I can get this for someone.  Would they like that.  Here is where our ideals are different.  I look at the souvenirs and say.  Just stuff that will collect dust, but I did buy a couple of tshirt.  Maybe useful but who knows.

We walked a few blocks back and found the Notre Dame Cathedral.  Oh my just beautiful inside.  As we where leaving the Cathedral had to turn around and go back into the doorway.  The wind came up.  The rain came down.  One crack of thunder and more rain just came down in sheets.  Oh my.  We where stuck or get soaked.  I don't think anyone would have wanted to see a wet tshirt contest going on.  Very bad looking we would have been.  You know this just was not going to stop.  Rain, rain and more rain.  Just kept coming down.  It started to let up so we decided we might be able to head out.  Just got across to the other side of the street and the rain came down again.  So we scooted over to the art museum and into the doors there.  Wetter then what we were before.  We were told that there was a washroom just down that hall where we could dry off a bit. Oh boy.  Water running down our hair and down our backs.

Finally we where able to head out and walk again.  Skies were clearing.  We where suppose to go to a tea tonight at 4, but missed that.  Couldn't get away from the rain soone enough.  So. Issued visiting with some of the ladies.  Dang not a great thing to do, but hey couldn't be helped.  So we just kept walking.  Too soaked to show up at a tea late.  We went around the back of the parliament buildings and looked out at the water.  Such a view over to Quebec.  There was a few commemorative stutters around the back as well.  We kept walking around.  Figured we could come out the other side and be closer to the hotel.  Not to be.  There was construction around behind the buildings, but we kept walking.  Then all of a sudden there was stairs that went down and down and down.  I looked down there and said we will have to come up again sometime.  I didn't think we needed to go down all that way.  So turned around and walked back behind the building and came around to the front.  Across to the street.  

My next suggestion.  How about we go back one street.  There seems to be stores there and resturaunts.  So after a little discussion on going back one street we finally did it.  Walked along with no traffic around us and looked at the stores and checked out a couple of resturaunts.  Looked at the menu of Brausseres brewery.  I said that looks good so we went in.  Had ourselves a good meal and Ivy even had a brew.  We watched a waiter bring out a paddles with different flavours of brew on it and take it to a table.  It looked like there was at least 10 different flavours on it.  Well that table is going to enjoy their drinks.

Back walking.  Only a little ways back to the hotel.  We walked into the hotel lobby and there was Some ladies just checking in and others sitting around to meet new friends.  The hotel is starting to fill up with the red and purple.  Got a couple of hugs and then we took our wet bods upstairs before I started getting the chills.

That's our fun for the day.  Hope I did not hoop Ivy by taking such a long walk

No comments:

Post a Comment