a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Sunday 27 April 2014

Tomorrow we head for home. Back to the grindstone. Aw!!!

Woke up this morning and you know it sure was not easy.

Was dancing the night away again last night.  Well at least until around eleven and then headed back to the room.

The music was great to listen to.  Very up beat and just dang fun to dance and sing to.  Then I came back to the room and instead of going to bed like a good girl I sat up some more.  Watched a little tv and played on the Internet.  So you see the morning came so early and I just did not want to crawl out of that nice warm bed.  Well I did crawl out and get ready for our last day together.

So now we say goodbye to all the friends we made.  The company we had for the last few days.  The friendships that will last a lifetime.  All the laughter and smiles we shared.
Oh oh the titanic is sinking..  Some ladies came rushing in yelling and screaming.  We hit and iceberg.  We a re going down.  They gave us life savers.  Well I do not know how much they are going to help but they gave us candy lifesavers, but only two and there was ten of us at the table.  Oh my how are we going to survive.

As you see by the room the chairs are on the ceiling.  Things look like they are flying everywhere.  The place is just topsy turny.   It is great how they transformed the room from one day to the next.

Breakfast was served.  Sausage, bacon, bacon eggs and fruit.  So filling.  They fed us really good for the past three days. More of the prizes were given out.  The shawl that I had made was given to a lady sitting at our table.  I am happy that it went to a lovely lady.  I hope she enjoys it as much as I enjoyed making it.

 It was such fun!!!  Had a great time.  Thank you ladies for letting me be part of your celebration.  I will take fond memories back home with me.  The committee did such a marvolous job on putting this together.  The craftyness and effort put into making the whole thing go together is just amazing.  I had a blast.

So now it is time to say goodbye.  I am all packed up now.  Sat down on the bed for a few minutes and nodded off to sleep.  Well guess it was something I needed.  Woke up around 3 and decided it was time to get out for some fresh air.  So took a little walk up the street.  Decided to look in fabricland.  There was some nice material in there but you know I didn't buy it.  Even if it was seventy percent off.  I have a suitcase that is full have to get that home.  I was a good girl in that way.  I still thought about it but yes did not buy it.  Think I should finish some of material I have at home first.

I have my reservation for my flight booked in.  My bags are ready except for a few things that will be put in tomorrow morning.  Better remember them as it will be an early morning.  All set were I should be able to see them.

Tonight am having a last dinner with some ladies and then I guess it will be a early to bed.  So will not be writing tonight.  This will be my last entry for this event.  Tomorrow will be home in my own bed again. 

So will leave you all with a few more pictures of the past few days.  Again thank you Eleanor and her team of ladies for such a great time.  You all did such a great job one everything.  I will certainly think about coming again when and if you have another event.  Loved the time spent with my red hat sisters.
Registration
Ladies from Michigan, Australia and right here in Ontario
Belly on up to the bar.  Wimp me tasting
Natural wonder Niagara fall,   th room set up and look at those costumes

Now to start thinking about the next event.  It is an international event with many ladies going to be there from all over the world.  San fransisco here I come.  Costumes are being put together and I believe I will have as much fun as I have had with all the other events I have gone to.  I may need a second suitcase for this one though as one of my costumes is very huge with lots of material.  It is being made for me as I speak and I will see it in a month or so.

Well guess it is time to put my typing fingers to rest.  Thanks again for the great time.  Oh and jan you are such a wonderful lady and so welcoming.  Will love meeting up with you again sometime.  Your smile and energy are so heartwarming.  Love ya all!

No comments:

Post a Comment