a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Thursday 24 April 2014

Day three. Having a blast but dang am tired tonight.




This morning was an early morning.have a bus tour scheduled to go over to Niagara Falls area.

Should dress warm as it is not that warm outside.  But thank goodness the sun is shining today.  This will make the trip allot better.

We meet down in the lobby.  There are 22 of us going on one big bus.  Well I guess there will be lots of room for us to stretch our feet and take up a couple of seats.
Here are a few of the ladies that are going along.  Boy oh boy they really know how to strutt their stuff. This is going to be one fun little side trip.

We all head for the bus.  Everyone can have a window seat if they want one.  Great no one jumping over someone else to get a picture of something if they want to.  Just kidding.  But yes there was allot of room for us.  Well when we shop we will have lots of room for our items.

Traffic is the pits all through Toronto.  But when is it never the pitts?  Finally to our first destination.  The Jackson triggs winery.  The ladies were trying little samples of each and a few came out with some bottles to take home.  I have to say yes I did try some wine.  The ice wine was very good.  Since I was only taking one or two sips I went for the best.  It was nice on the pallet.  I could enjoy a glass of wine once in while but then again na!
I liked the building.  It had a fireplace from floor to ceiling. All made of stone.  No no picture of that.  But it is something like what I would like in my house.

The next stop after we all got back on the bus and had wine all packed away was the pillar and post cannery.  The meal consisted of a starter, entrie and desert.  I had salad and then Pesci salmon and then a yummy piece of coconut cream cake afterwards.  Boy did that fill me up.  But yes it was just yummy.
After we finished our meal we drove to the downtown area of Niagara on the lake and enjoyed an hour of shopping.  Yes shopping.  My favourite pastime.  Some of the places were a little more expensive then I would look for but the stuff was just pretty to look at.  I did find a little bling and a couple of scarves to add to my collection of red hatting.  Oh no not more for that room.  It is getting full now.  Yes I did.  I probably did not need it but it looked nice.

So shopping is done and some of us get back to bus while others are still shopping.or taking pictures.  So have to wait a little for them to get back.  Not too late just came back on the next shuttle.  So were no behind schedule in any way.

So now we drive along the Niagara river to the falls.  That was a nice drive.  We get to the south side of the falls and everyone gets off.  A few of the ladies had not seen the falls before and were just amazed.
Yes I had to take a selfie to prove I was there.  Not a bad selfie though.  Anyways I took off down to the other end of the falls.. Wanted to try and get a picture of both falls which you can not get at the south side.  No one else walked down there with me.  I started to think that maybe walked a little far and would not make it back to the bus on time.  I got my picture plus a great picture of the falls with a rainbow there as well.

So after an hour around the falls got back on the bus for the long ride back to Oshawa and the hotel.more traffic.  Lots and lots of traffic.  Stop and go all the way. I missed part of it though.  I nodded off.  That was a good thing.  I needed a little extra sleep I think.  Woke up again as we were coming through the north end of Toronto.  So still had a little ways to go.  But at least I was a little rested.

Finally back at the hotel.  Into our rooms put away our treasures and then headed down to the ball room to join in with a meet and greet.  A little food to snack on and then meeting up with ladies that I met at other conventions.  Just trying to remember who they were and were I had seem them before.  Some I did remember.  I am getting better.
These are all ladies from across Canada.  Sorry faces I did not get but I was trying.  Just no cooperation on their part.  One is from British Columbia, then there is Alberta, then Ontario and the last lady is from Nova Scotia.  So all the way across Canada.  Just met each other tonight, well at least three of them did and the other two had been friends for years.  They all just hit it off.
One last picture for the night.  The room is filling with red hat ladies.  From everywhere.  They finished off the night with a few kareyokee songs.  I headed up to my room a little bit after that.  Party pooper that I am.  No just tired from the long trip we had today.  So decided it was time to scoot off to bed.  But as you can see.  Not in bed yet but writing here.  Silly me.  Another big day coming up tomorrow and I am still up.  Yeah yeah heading to bed now.

Talk to you tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment