a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Tuesday 19 August 2014

My adventure begins.

No actually it started a year ago when I made the big decission to go to the international convention in San Francisco.  I thought well why can't I go.  You know there will be lots of ladies there.  Some you may have met before and some you are still to meet.  I hummed and hawed for a few days and then said.  Oh what the heck.  I am going to do this.  Now were do I get the money to go to it.  Well it is a year away, but they want some of the money up front.  Well if you are going to do this just do it and don't think about it later.  So I signed the registration and went for it.  No backing out now.  You are going and that is final.

So now I have made my decision and now what do I wear, what do I do,  how do I get there.  Oh hell what am I doing.  You are going to have a good time so get over the fretting that you do.  Yeah I talk to my self allot about what I should do and not do.

So now the year has past.  I packed my clothes.  Over and over again.  Not deciding what I should take and what should stay home.  I ordered a beautiful dress that I will probably only wear once.  Well it did not cost as much as I thought.  I made two baby blankets and she made me a dress.  Well that kinda worked. Yeah you have all seem the dress over and over again.  I have put it in this blog and on Facebook so many times that you are probably all sick of looking at it.  Well you will see it once more before it is retired to the closet until I decide might have a use for it again.  I also found a few other items that I would think would be good for this convention.  So packing and unpacking again and again.  I blame it on the gremlins.  They keep opening up my suitcases in the middle of the night and throw stuff all over the living room so I have to remake again.  With something different.

I finally said that is finished put the suitcases in the car.  My poor bug was weighed down in the back.  Two big suitcases you know.  Both full but you know not full enough.  I can bring some things home.  You know it is about seven pounds I can bring home in each suitcase.  You think I can do a little shopping.  Not allot but a little.  Just enough to make up around fourteen pounds.  Oh I am in my glory now.  Shopping San Francisco here I come.  My hubby will be saying no but for me I am saying yes, yes, yes and a whole hearted YES!!!

So I started my trek this morning.  Up early enough to get the dogs walked played with and cuddled a bit.  Make sure my wifely duties are done.  You know you can not leave the house without there being the garbage out, the dished done, the laundry up and done.  Oops. didn't get that done.  I am in do do now.  Anyways what can I say my mind was on other things.  Heading on a plane to San Francisco yippee!!,

So out the door at 11 o'clock.  Hopefully I have everything or I am without it now.  Oh I left my snacks behind.  Well it was only chocolate.  I can probably do without it anyways.  Chocolate never!!!!  Well I bet it will be gone by the time I get home.

Driving along now heading for the boarder.  That line up looks pretty long.  It took me at least an hour to get through to customs and on my way again.  Boy glad there is air conditioning in the little bogged down bug.  The luggage is peeping at my through the rear view mirror.  I hope it is not trying to escape on me. The back hatch may open at anytime and my luggage will go boom and everything will be everywhere..  It has been threatening to me to explode for a long time.  Well and so has my hat box.  It is full as can be.  Just couldn't leave any of my stuff at home.  It may be lonely.

Finally after two hours on the road including a wait at customs I made it to Bellingham airport.  Got a great parking spot close to were I can just walk across instead of catching a shuttle.  I walk into the airport and not one single person in line.  Wow right up to the front.  Get my boarding pass and luggage tags and then bye bye luggage for a little while and through security.  Easy as pie.  Well some of it is anyways.

Flight takes off a little while later and I am on my way.  Now I sit in Seattle and wait for my second leg of my journey.  I have been biting on my bottom lip quite a bit.  Yeah the worrying is starting.  Well at least I am not chewing finger nails.  That would not look good with purple nail polish on them.  So for once in my life I am leaving my nails alone.  But chewing on my lip instead.

So they are now starting to get ready for flight to San Francisco so will close for now.  I will write a little more tonight.
Here I is sitting at the airport.  Yeah I know a selfie..  Anyone see the hat they know it's me.  Well talk to you later if I do not fall asleep in my bed early from all the traveling today.


No comments:

Post a Comment