a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Wednesday 21 September 2016

Well I am in the air again. Heading on another adventure

I got my red hat on and my purple clothes.  Bright eyed and bushy tailed.  Well I guess I can't say I am bright eyed.  I got up this morning at 6 o'clock.  Lovely.  I am not a morning person.  Never have been and probably never will be.  I don't drink coffee so no caffeine to get me going in the morning.  That is kinda a minus.  I am hooked on caffeine though.  It is just in the form of pop.  Being early in the morning have not drank any of that either.  So this hour and a half trip from Calgary to Winnipeg I might just dose off or I may have to get myself some caffeine.

I left mission this morning at 7:30 am.  Got to the airport in Abbotsford with a half hour to spare on getting on the plane.  So not too bad a wait. That hour flight was uneventful. But we did fly over mount baker. Had to get my camera out and take a picture. So now they flew into the US air space.  I did not have my pass port.  Oh oh I got to the US without it. Well not in trouble.  Made it to Calgary with a bit of time to spare.  Not enough time to eat though.  Starting to get the hunger growls.  Great and won't get anything until I get to Winnipeg.  Well guess I am going to have to suffer with cookies and a pop.  Yay I got some pop.  Caffeine here we come.  And I got two packages of cookies as well.  At least they are not as dry as the bits and bites they give out.  Aw!  Another sip of caffeine.  Should be almost bright eyed here when I get off the plane. Well I think I did nap a bit though.

Flying into Calgary.  It is a bit nippy in this part of the woods.  They say it is only 3 degrees here.  Good I brought my coat for a reason.  I won't be outside the terminal anyways so why would I need it right now. When we got back on another plane heading for Winnipeg they said if you brought along coats you will not need them.  It is a balmy 18 degrees there.  That is the first time to hear that.  Winnipeg is warmer then Calgary.  Cloud rolling below me on the way into Calgary and on the way out they are disappearing.  Light clouds though so it looks misty below.  You can make out the fields and rivers and such though.

  I love flying and sitting by the window. Something I can not do if I am flying with my hubby.  He has to have the window and then goes to sleep. As the world goes by you see so much of the changing landscape.  From mountains to flat prairies and back to rolling land again.you look at the cloud formations and daydream ablout what they may be.  I think if you could only walk out on those fluffy puffs of cotton and roll around in the softness.  But hey that is just my daydreaming.  Step onto those clouds and you gonna be making a straight beeline for the ground.  I still say though wouldn't it be fun to just play around on the cottony softness.  You fall down you would not hurt yourself.  Okay I will stop.  You probably think I am nuts now.  But yeah I am nuts.  I take off in planes to go on my red hat adventures.  On my own to meet up with some of the most gracious ladies around.  It gets my happy on and I need all the happy I can get.

Well clouds are rolling in again so will not see much for a bit.  Oooo!  These look like,e fierce ones.  Dark and all clumped together.  There must be a storm brewing below in Saskatchewan.  At least I think that is where we are now.  I have no live map on my chair.  So can not see where we are.  Clouds are getting thicker, but once in a while it opens up to see a river or a lake.  Well I guess I will not be seeing anything more out the window except big thick dark clouds.

So where am I going you say.  A red hat convention of course.  It is in Winnipeg.  Being put on by the traveling red hatters.  I have never met these ladies before.  So some more hugs on the way for me. I will be seeing a few ladies I have met before from Ontario so I will not feel all alone, but am still this shy insicure person who when meeting new people am very quiet.  I try but I just can not get the habit of making conversation.  Weird some people can talk to anyone and everyone.  Me I just sit back and watch and listen.  Sometimes afraid to put in my two cents as I may be butting into something I was not suppose to but in too.  Well anyways ladies are getting to know me and except me for what I am.

Well there is not too much more going on in this flight.  So maybe I will put my head back see if I can get a little shut eye.  Another thing I am not able to do but if I am tired enough I can do it.  And since my eyes are getting s little droopy here and a headache is creating in behind my eyes I better put my head down for a while and see whether a snooze will help a little.

Talk again soon when I am at the hotel tonight.  I have tonight and tomorrow where I am playing on my own and checking out the sites of Winnipeg.  I know a mall is across the road so I can get eats, but I would like to find the zoo tomorrow and wander around and look at the animals.  Maybe find the old part of Winnipeg and look at the buildings.  I think there is a part of town that has some older buildings.

Look and see when I get there.

Well now at the hotel.  The boob tube is going and I am typing away.  Catching up on what I missed for the day and send a note off to tell family I made it to were I was going.  Sitting snuggle in my room.  I had a bit of a mishap at the hotel. Some reason my credit card was not working.  Oh boy did that put worry on me.  Had to start making some phone calls to see what was going on.  I was afraid I could not get into my room cause my card would not go through.  I sat in the lobby talking to company.  Well at least sitting with phone to my ear listening to lovely elevator music worrying that I would be back at the airport because I had not room sleeping on a bench.  All sorts of scenarios were going through my mind.  Finally got through to creditors company and low and behold it was because of a stupid little mistake on my part.  Not calling the credit card company before I left and telling them I would be somewhere else. I think it is time to start making lists before I go.  That was a scary situatation for me.  No where to go and loosing my reservation and in a town where I know no one.everyone I know is two provinces away.  Well live and learn.  Make a dang list of what you need to do and don't leave the list somewhere you will forget.  I paticularly do not like a situation like that.  So yes make the list.  Getting too old to keep so much in my head all the time. Especially when I am prone to getting foggy once in while.

So anyways after my stress went down. I unpack a bit.  Just to get the clothes that would wrinkle out of suitcase.  Then I too a little wander down the street.  I found the Olive Garden, red lobster and a and w just down the street.  So at least there is food close by.  I wander a little bit further and crossed the road which brought me to the mall.  Not too far to walk.  Well at least for me anyways.  Wandered through the mall.  Pretty well the same as any other mall.  Stores all the same.  Maybe a few different items in it but you in one mall it is a different design but pretty well the same stores.  In the end found the food court finally had a bite to eat.  Stopped at the Tim Hortons and got a couple of muffins to enjoy in the morning and my caffiene.  Yes a bottle of pop.  I left the mall and headed a bit the other way from the hotel.  Not seeing much that way.  So headed back into the hotel.  Wandered a little and found the restaraunt and the pool.  Nice pool.  Maybe a dip will be in order tomorrow.  Who knows.

I am thinking of either a trip down town to the forks and pioneer area or out to the zoo which is the other way.  This all depends on the weather and whether I will get lost at my wanderings.  Will have to see.

So now I am veggin on the bed watching tv and have my feet up.  Hopefully resting my back and hope the twinges will come out of it.

So will write again tomorrow. Tell you all how lost I got

No comments:

Post a Comment