a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Friday 23 September 2016

Today the fun really started. Well after I had a nap anyways

I woke up this morning at 9:30.  Grabbed my iPad and was looking at Facebook.  Yeah, yeah I am addicted.  Anyways the first thing I see is messages from 7:00 ,which to me is 5:00.  We are going for breakfast in a little while you want to join us.  Well dang I missed that by a couple of hours. Guess I will have to have to play by myself for awhile.  

I got up ate a muffin I had in the room and finished off getting ready for the day.  The sun is shining outside so it should be a good day to walk a little.  Not going to walk allot as I might have overdid it yesterday.  Go figure.

By the time I get down to the lobby they are taking registration.  So I get myself done with registration talk with a few ladies around the lobby and of course take a few pictures.  Not very often without my camera.  I don't take the best of pictures but I do get the jest of what is going on around me. After a little while I take my package upstairs to my room and then head over to the mall to grab some more of my caffiene fix. I walk around the mall for a little while.  Just to get a few steps in without hurting my feet too much.  I already did a little damage to a toe or two with big blisters now.  As long as they slowly go down and do not burst I am doing good.  They ain't going to look good with open toed shoes tomorrow night though.  Well will be under a long dress so no one will see them.  I just say I messed up with nail polish and couldn't get it off.  No that ain't gonna work.  It won't be seen anyways. The dress is too big at the bottom my feet will be lost in crimolyne. 

Well at least I did a few steps today.  Came out to allot less then I did the night before.  I guess I made my usual which is about 6700 or so.  Good enough for me for now.  Back at the room as no one is in the lobby.  I turn on the tv for some noise sit down on the bed and the next thing I know it is two hours later and I have just had a nap.  Went right to sleep.  Guess it was something I needed.  I usually don't go to sleep that fast.  Look at the clock.  Oh dang it is soon time to go down for dinner. The doors open at 5:30

I change into my purple coveralls and put on my hat and head downstairs.  Ladies in red and purple are waiting in the lobby to head into the room..  Everyone is talking with everyone.  Treating new friends and old.  I talk with a few of them.  Yes the quiet one I am actually talking to someone I don't know yet.  I am getting better.  I see a lady I have met before.  Give her a hug and she says. I should know you but I can't place you.  She walked up to me later and said.  I know who you are and where I met you.  You were in Edmonton.  The person who had the two bears on your butt at the pj breakfast.  Gee what a way to be remembered by my butt. And it is not even a great looking butt.  Just too funny I think!  Well I did give you a laugh too.

Missing all of Jan's text and emails today.  I missed some more.  She was asking if I wanted to sit with her.  Well napping I missed her messages. I still did end up sitting with her and five South Dakota ladies.  Was a fun night.  The meal was all red neck type food.  Fried chicken, French fries, corn on the cob and pumpkin and apple pie.  Oh and corn bread.  So moist corn bread.  Something I could eat without having to drink allot to get it down.  When you have trouble swallowing you have to find foods that are easy going down.  The corn bread hit the spot just right.  But then so did the pumpkin pie.

A DJ played music most of the night. Ladies were up dancing and having a good time.  Everyone was having a great time.  The food was great and lots of it.  I was stuffed.  But that was because I made a trip to the desert table.  You know should have gone ther first I love desert allot more then the main meal. But got to play nice.

Part way through the night the hosts uncovered three tables at the back of the room.  These tables were a free for all.  Lots of hats and clothing and shoes and eccessories were on these tables.  Donated by some red hat ladies. The tables were full of goodies.  We all got to go up to these tables and pick out a coupe of things to take home with us.  There was so much to choose from. I saw some of the items that were brought back to our table by ladies.  Some nice things.  What a really nice idea.

I didn't find anything but I kinda went up after it was all picked over.  Better chance of looking then when everyone was up there.  Not worried about it.  It would have been something else I would have had to pack home with me. So no worry to me if I didn't find anything.

Around 9:30 the room started to clear out for the night.  Allot would have traveled today so going back to room to catch up on travel sleep.  Some may still be partying down there.  For me don't know. My back was giving me a bit of trouble so here I am up in my room playing on my blog and watching the boob tube.  Well at least I found some new shows tonight instead of reruns.

Oooops. Just looked at the time.  If I have to get up for 8:00 down in the ball room I better put my butt to bed..  Night net.  Talk again tomorrow night

No comments:

Post a Comment