a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Sunday 25 September 2016

Oh boy I am bushed

Gosh don't know what to say today..  Well I had a great time and met some new friends

I am so bushed right now.  So not gonna be putting too much more down today.  I think the minute I out my head down I will be out.

This morning another early morning for me..  I think if maybe I went to bed a little earlier I might be better.  But mostly I think it is just the time change.

This morning was pirate day for us red hatters.  Another idea that has been building for a few years. Started out with a couple of guys who go out and do sports together.  One day they started talking pirate and goofed around at it a few times.  It started to catch on and they decided that there should be an official day for talk like a pirate.  The day was finally decided on and we now have official talk like a pirate day.  It is September 19th.

Well the red hat ladies decided to get in on the action as well.on September 19th there is allot of events going on throughout the red hat society.  There are groups that I know of.  One that has an event at the international convention.  That one is wenches gone wild.  There is another group in Abbotsford.  Hosted busy Elizabeth Wesley.  Her official branch is roaming red wenches.  Down around louisiana there is Yo-Ho.  I have participated in these groups at one time or another.  There are many other groups around the country that enjoy a day of pirateing and pillaging.  Well mostly  chocolate dubloms though and showing off there finest pirate wear.

There are wenches, Pirates, and the lowly deckhand.  So many different costumes you can see and so many different ideas you can come up with.  I saw so many different ideas this morning. At breakfast.  It was such a great morning..  Well the whole weekend was just great.  So much laughter and fun

Yes though now I am bushed. May have to start rethinking my conventions.  I love going but I am so tired now because of health issues that I wonder whether I should be going or not.  With yesterday's little bit of a vertigo attack.  What if it had been more and I was down in the states?  I have some rethinking to do.  But dang I love going to these.  It is one of the places I can get none stop laughter and love. The ladies are getting to know me and know I am quiet.  They except me for what I am.

So some brainstorming I will be doing. Well I will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment