a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Saturday 24 September 2016

Last full day of convention

Well it is soon time to say goodbye again.  Head on our way back home to the quiet where giggles only happen once in while.  Not every two or three minutes..  The ladies at our table tonight were so much fun.  Even got this quiet one laughing away.  That does not happen too often.  Felt so good.

This morning I woke up around 6:30 said to myself I don't need to be up this early and rolled over hoping I would not fall too deeply into sleep again.  Well I guess I did.  Next thing I know it is 7:30.  Dang I am suppose to be down stairs in half and hour.  Got to get cracking and get my butt in gear.  Jan calls a couple of minutes later to make sure I am up.  She knows I am not a morning person.

I scoot down stairs and lay onsie and my bunnie slippers.  Most comfortable shoes I have on all weekend.  Bunnie slippers.  Breakfast is buffet style. Oh my so much food.  After we are finished eating a few more prizes are given away and the a lady with pigtails and a pink hat comes in.  Talks about her great auntie and how she loves the red hat society.  Mind you in a very squeakie voice.  She then goes around to tables and tells ladies their fortunes.  The room starts to clear after awhile.  I head up stairs to get out of a very warm pair of pjs.  I guess fleece is just a tad warm.  I get into something a little more comfy and then close my eyes for awhile.  Umm yeah I went to sleep heavy again.  Ended up waking up about a half hour before the tea this afternoon.  Great gonna be close to being late again.

The tea was a bit fancy.  I might have been a little over the top but I like dressing up when I can.  Blingy necklace and the earrings were just a bit heavy.  At least I didn't loose one as they kept coming close to the end coming off a couple of times.  Tea was biscuits and cookies and a dollop of whip cream to dunk the cookies into.  Coffee and tea as well.  Seth Green showed up in the room and started talking with some of the ladies.  He was doing a show in Winnipeg and maybe part of our red hat group may be on tv.

Jan said I should get a henna done.  Okay who is henna.  Yes I know what henna is.  I was trying to make a joke and it didn't go over.  She said come with me.  So over to the other room and we both signed up to get henna done on our hands.  Some of the designs she had done so far really where good.  She did the henna and then she took some sparkle and sprayed it onto the henna.  To give it a red and purple colouring.  I had flowers and a butterfly done.  It looked great well that was until I had to get dressed for the gala tonight.

When I got up from the henna being done I started feeling alittle tipsy.  Oh great I hope a vertigo attack does not come on.  I do not need to be lying on the floor not able to get up as I can not stand up straight.  Not a pretty sight that is.  I look like a drunken sailor.  Well if it happens tomorrow I will be a drinkin pirate.  Great.

I headed back up to the room.  A lay down was defineatly in order for me.  When this happens and it gets worse I am cooked for awhile and may have to miss the gala.  Well what will be will be.  Yep the room started to spin a bit.  It wasn't too bad but yes the room was doing a little spinning.  I took one of my medications for this.  Did the exercise that is suppose to help and then put my head down for awhile and closed my eyes. I am not sure is it was the smell of the henna or just getting up too fast from her chair or if I just turned my head too fast that brought it on.  The excercise and meds had seemed to do the trick.  The room stopped is little jumping around and I could stand up again..  Halayluya with enough time to make the gala tonight with out any problems.

I put on my fancy dress and my bling and went down and enjoyed the night emencely.  The table I was at was full of laughter and fun. Always something strange being talked about.  The giggles were coming on oh so often.  We had a plated dinner with so much food.  Desert I snuck two of, but I was bad and did not finish my main course though.  Bad bad I was.

 There was a couple of skits done by different ladies and then Dolly Parton came in to do a song.  No no not the real Dolly Parton, just one of the ladies doing karaoke. The rest of the gifties were given out. You know they had some real nice items as gifties.  There was three diamond bracelets, blingy shoes, decorated hat and jewelry.

I know not going into detail as much as I usually do.  I think the conventions are starting to be a little much for me.  I end up sleeping during the day instead of down stairs visiting with ladies.  One day my back is sore as heck and today am a bit ditzy..  I come up to the room to change and end up sleeping.well I guess my body is telling me I am doing more then I should be.  Well we should eventually get it right and agree on something.  I want to play, but I do have to slow down as well.  Being sick is sometimes not that fun.

Anyways yes I should go to sleep here soon.  One more early morning coming up for me.  Tomorrow is pirate day in the ball room and then we say our goodbyes to everyone.

So goodnight to all


No comments:

Post a Comment