a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Saturday 18 April 2015

It was so great to meet all of my new sisters.

Diva n Bling has come to an end for me.  I say goodbye to Houma tomorrow and hello to New Orleans.

So long, farewell,  enjoyed myself emenscely.  Yeah I know bad spelling.  But hey you may have gotten the drift.  I had a marvolous  time in Houma.

Yes still the quite one but I am trying.  It is just my trying will not come out of the shell for me.  So I sit and watch and listen and talk when there is talk to be needed.

Today was the big hoopla in Houma.  The big diva n bling sisterhood get together.

I had to get up early so I could get myself all gussied up.  Well that took a bit of work.  First time wearing this particular dress.  Getting into it was a cophore and a half.  I sure am not use to putting on a corset too often.  Believe me the end result is great but the starting result and trying to get into it and to tucking everything in were it belongs is always another thing. Having my puppies rise up out of oblivium is another thing.  They hang so low and trying to tuck those babies in to a corset is a pretty trying thing in itself,  but hey I did it.

The next thing was getting it tied up right so that it pulled you in.  Something else my body has not done in years.  Being tucked in so that I have a sort of hour glass figure and not an apple of a figure.  The apple figure I am use too but looking in the mirror with this dress on is a wow facto for me.  Not bad with all the nip and tucks nipped and tucked in.  Now can I breathe. Or even another thing. Sit down.  Oh oh.  I have to drive over to this place. You think I can get into the drivers seat and drive with this monstocity on.  Ha that will be the next question.  Well I will know that in about a half hour or so.  Hmmm maybe I can hitch a ride with someone else.  The I am not getting behind the wheel with all this material.

Well I dropped of a parcel to one of the ladies whole was having a Canadian coffee fix.  Tim Hortons coffee she wanted so I brought it along for her.  She has her fix for a little while now.

Then I headed down stairs were I met up with other ladies waiting to head over to the ball room for some fun.i stood around and talked with them for a little while.  Then decided well not gonna hitch a ride as all cars are full at the moment.  So I will hope in my own car and head over there my self.  

With that decided in my head I made the trek through the rain with my dress hiked up so as not to get it too wet.  Well pouring rain and not getting my dress wet.  Two different concepts there.  So now I look at the room I have behind the wheel and the amount of material I have to get behind the wheel.  Ha ha this is gonna be fun.  Hike up the dress stuff it into as little a ball as I can.  Slide into the seat and let the material go.  Material everywhere and also in my line of vision.  Gonna have to stuff it down around my feet more.  Is it all in so I can at least close the door.  Yep all in and I slam the door before I come pouring out again.  

With my self all stuffed in and ready to go.  Now where the heck am I going.  I looked on the map up stairs in my room but you know I did not groping it down with me.  I think I am lmaking a mistake on taking off with pout that map.  Okay out on the road I know I hav e to make a turn up here that will get me over to highway 24 and then on my way to Gray.  Image the right but 24 is not showing up.  Okay what the heck did I do wrong.  Get myself turned so I am at least driving in the right direction.  Well this is not working either.  Make another turn and hope for the best.  I am going through smal little roads that all seem to dead en or go in the wrong direction.  Gosh were the heck am I.  I am going to be late if I keeps this up.  So I pull over and look at my phone for directions.  First thing it says.  Low battery.  Oh boy that's not good.  Got to get this checked out before it dies.  Please do not die on me.  I need my technology now..  

You know the duffuss that I am I looked up once and you know what I saw.  Highway 24 was right in front of me. DUH!!!  All the turning and going in circles and I found the road I was looking for by mistake right in front of me.  Yey!  Not gonna be late after all.

Driving up hoping I am going in the right direction.  Yes I passed the south land mall.  Am going the right way.  Now just to find the right turnoff to get to were I am suppose to be.  I lucked out. No more problems, but yes I am still a duffus.  I can get lost and still be in the right place.

I make my way into the building.  First I am at the wrong door.  Silly, silly me. So walk around to the front and the doors are wide open.  Now why didn't I think of that.  Doors that are opened is were you should go in.  Pick up my name envelope.  Then think well let's go up stairs and see where my table is.  Then I think I would have to come back down and check out all the door prizes.  Okay better yet.  Look at the door prizes, pick which one you will not win and put your name in it.  Then check out the bling.  Oh such lovely bling.  Did I tell you I love looking at the bling.  Sometimes I even buy the bling.  But low and behold I help myself back and did not buy any.  You know there is always something that will stand out for me but this time aw gee it didn't.  So I am going to go home empty handed.  Oh well no room in my suitcase anyways.  But you know I did bring down some things to give as door prizes. I may have room.  That might have to be a space for something from New Orleans now.  If I find something special there.  Who knows.

Anyways I am getting off track with bling.  The day progressed.  We had a delish buffet dinner a little dancing and a few prizes given away.  Lots of pictures being taken by everyone and all those new friendships made.  I even made a few if you believe that.  Quiet little me made a few friendships with ladies I have been friends with on Facebook.  Putting faces to ladies I type to all the time. And yes them seeing me and how much I say on Facebook to what I say in person.  Totally different from to what they thought.

I said my goodbyes and left about 2:30 and headed back to the hotel.  You know I didn't get lost one the way back.  Wonders will always happen sometimes.

I got Rob to undo my dress and aw!!!  I can breathe again.  Boy oh boy that felt so good but now the apple figure is back and the loose track pants are back on.  My red hatting is done for now and it is time to pack up.

We still have one more night here.  Leaving in the morning to get a car back before he closes.

So Rob and I had a little time to see what was in Houma.  He wanted to go out to the mall and look at the real Cajun store.  I was just up for a walk to stretch out a little.  And since it was pouring rain I was not gonna walk around the streets to get soaked.  I found the mall on the first try.  Had a little walk around and checked out some of the stores.  We found the Cajun store and did a little looking in there.  The alligator heads at the front were real.  I thought from pictures they would be plastic but no.  Sharp teeth  and all.  This is when it reminded Rob that he was going to make me try alligator.  Shoot I thought he had forgot about that.  Well no.  Now I keep mentioning other resteraunts to go to.  But he keeps saying we are going here.  So all the way back to hotel. I pointed out so many resteraunts.  To no avail..  Shucks.  I guess I am going to the seafood place just beside the hotel.  The first thing he orders is alligator bites.  Really?  And yes I have to try them.  I am not much on trying something new.  No adventure to me at all.  Well after much coaxing I did try a piece.  Well not bad but a little chewy for my taste.after the taste I did get to eat my mozzarella sticks. Which made me happy.

So now I can say I have eaten alligator.  Mind you only a bite but I did try it. He said next time frog legs.  Another face coming my way.

So now this adventure is over with my red hat sisters.  Next convention is in Edmonton in and month and half.  Three fun filled days plus a few extra activities added on by me.  Will be driving there and taking along a quilt I made for a giftie.

So the next week will be spent checking out ghost and voodoo in New Orleans. I will be writing on my other blog about our adventure in New Orleans. Then home and back to the grind.  To pay for all of this.

Houma and Louisiana thank you so much for your hospitality.  Linda and her team made this such an enjoyable time here.  I had a great time and made some very nice friendships.  Will be writing here in a month or so again.  Catch cha all on the flip side. And back on Canadian soil were life goes on

No comments:

Post a Comment