a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Thursday 16 April 2015

On the road again heading to New Orleans

Good morning all.  I am now sitting at the airport in Vancouver waiting for a flight.  Yesterday I did a little napping and ran a few more errands and fretted about this trip.  Do I have everything?  Should I have packed that.  Should I take that out cause I don't really need it?  The list just goes on.  The big one.  Why the heck am I doing this?  I am not really a traveler.  Yes I do want to have some fun in my life but going places and meeting new experiences is a problem with me.  I know a problem I should get over. Hey I only live once so yes I am going to live it fretting and all.  

I do a big talk about being well traveled. Well yes I am but I am a nervousness reck on the inside.  My biggest fear is getting out and doing things.  Meeting new people and having new experiences.  I talk big but when it comes time to do this do I really want to do it?  I have said I want to do this and I want to do that.  I have a list of things I do want to do but will I get the nerve up to do them.  Well I am trying.  Roller coasters are still off my list though.  I was on them when I was younger and they are defiantly not my cup of tea.  But yet I talk about going on a zip line. Or going into an air tank and flying with a big fan blowing me in the air..  I have gotten close to going up in an ultralight and you know I chickened out at the last minute.  You reading this yes I said a zip line.  I know weird but I won't go on a roller coaster again.

Anyways that is enough about that.  I will do these some day but probably not in the near future.

So today I am sitting in the airport as I am heading to another convention.  This one just outside of New Orleans. In a little town of Houma.  Well this town may not be little but.  I really don't know until I get there.  That is if I get there.may get lost in the bayou many times looking for a turnoff to this place in a rental car I am not too familiar with.  Do not want to meet up with any gators.

This convention is called diva n bling.  There are afew tours in the morning of Friday, then in the afternoon will meet up at the mall to see everyone.  The last stop will be at a donut shop were we will see how many can get into one picture.  They have made special red and purple donuts for us to enjoy.
  
This or the mall is probably were I will be meeting up with the other ladies.  My flight does not get into New Orleans until later tonight.  Have a stop over of a couple of hours in Dallas as well.  So decided to go to our hotel in New Orleans.  Get a restful night, grab a cab in the morning to the rental car place and get our car.  Then for the drive out to Houma.  Yeah I did ask to see if someone could pick us up at our hotel and got told that there is only one person in the office so can not leave to come and get us.  Bummer!!!  So a taxi ride we get.  Just to get a car so we can tour out to Houma.

So now the adventure begins again.  I am traveling with my son.  I sure do not know what he is going to do while I am sitting quietly watching all the se ladies giggle and laugh and visit.  It will take me a little while and some mugging before I get in the groove.  Yes I am getting better but still very quiet.  I am a watcher more then a doer.just have to go with the flow and see what happens.

This group of ladies sound like so much fun as I talk to them over the Internet.  Yeah that is were I do most of my talking. I am a typer not a talker. As you can see my blog is now starting again.

Well flight is soon going to be called.  See if I can get a little shut eye on the plane.  Talk to you to finish this later.  Was up most of the night.  Had a little bit of shut eye at home.  Went to lay down and slept for a couple of hours.  Then it was up at 2:30 and off to pick up Rob.he stuffed in his suitcase into my little bug and off we go.  Drove along Mary hill by pass down yo new west and along marine drive.  Dang nice drive that early in the morning.  Not much in the way of traffic. A few cars but they are not bumper to bumper.  I probably could have taken an easier route but I was heading this way so kept going.

So have been sitting on this plane for two hours.  I did get a little more sleep.woke up here a little while ago and figured it was time to play.  There was a glass of ice cubes sitting on my serving tray.  I set it over on Rob's tray and Oooops down it went.  All over his tray and down to the floor.  Well at least I didn't get anything on his books he had in his bag.  His pants are a little wet though now.  Floor around him may be a little wet too.  Serves him right for putting his ice cubes near me.  He is back watching his movie and holding onto the glass of cubes so I don't get it again.

I was trying the Internet on the plane but couldn't get on without paying.  That's a bummer. Gues I will have to wait till I get to Dallas to see what is happening in the world of diva n bling.  There was suppose to be some special announcement today.  Guess I am going to have to wait a little longer. Hopefully will get on sooner or later.  I am going into withdrawal without my Facebook.  Yeah I know I am a sorry sort of person.

Well I will put this machine away again and see whether I can get a little more shuteye.  Still a lot tired.  Need my beauty sleep to look almost normal for the convention. Next stop, Dallas were we spend a couple of hours before heading onto New Orleans.hope weather is a little better.  Sounds like one plane with some ladies on it had to go to another airport cause of a big storm cloud over New Orleans.hope we get in without a hitch.

Talk again later. I believe mother nature needs a red hat.  Then maybe she would not be so nasty to all her sisters.

I am now sitting in Dallas.  Waiting so impatiently for the next plane to come.  A three hour wait plus a couple of time changes and lack of sleep.  Getting a little testy, but I did finally get onto the Internet.  So now I can post this little dribble I am typing away at.

Dallas airport.  Huge I mean huge.  You walk and then take a train to next terminal and walk some more..  Got to our gate but sign is not up for our plane yet.  Hope they do not move it to some other terminal or we will be on the move again.  I am just a country girl at heart. One small terminal with only two or three gates.  Not use to this.  Hope New Orleans is not as big. I will be lost for sure.  Glad I got a shuttle to the hotel though.  I am going to hate driving tomorrow on maybe busy roads and from the sounds of it raining as well.  

Well I have blabbered enough for one day.  Gonna get to the hotel and get a good night sleep tonight to be ready to go tomorrow and meet all my sisters in crime.  Oh did I say that.  No crime being committed here. I am sweet and innocent   So I keep saying on Facebook and the quiet one.  They say the quiet ones are the dangerous ones.  Hey I don't believe that.  Do you?  So no more hearing from me today unless it is on Facebook.  I have filled my blog for today.  Need sleep.  Lots of sleep

Talk to you again tomorrow.  After I am rested and in the town of Houma.  Or lost in the bayou.  Whichever comes first.   Send out a search party.  The gators can have Rob first.  He has a little more meat on him then I do.  I am just and appitisor

No comments:

Post a Comment