a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Saturday 30 May 2015

Well another adventure coming my way

Yes indeed.  I STARTED MY HOLIDAYS.  It is official. Two weeks of fun and laughter and lots of giggles.  Well maybe not two weeks but for part of it.

Another #RHSIsSimplyFun is coming my way.  Or maybe the other way around I am going to it. I will be spending a few days in Edmonton.  The funvation is called Red Hats Around The World. Three days of Canadian fun.

I have been to a couple other Canadian red hat funvations.  As much of a blast as going to one in the States.  Both are equally as fun.  It is all in what you put into it.  If you go to a funvation and sit on your duff expecting someone to cater to you,  you are not going to have that much fun or get much out of it.  So if you get involved in what is going on around you and join in.  Turn yourself into the child you use to be and just play not worrying about what others are going to think you have so much fun you don't want it to end.  

My only problem is the travel to get to these funvations.  Some of them are farther then I like to travel.  Butt will get sore on a plane and my legs will start giving me some trouble. Sometimes the price is just more then I want to spend.  If you want to go to them you have to figure out how to pay for them and then not worry about money when you get there.  Budget yourself and think do I really need this piece of bling or that hat I am admiring so much.  It is gorgeous but.  The other thing is if you do buy it getting it home with you when you only brought a small suitcase.  Think about the carry on regulations now as well.  Getting costly there too.  There is a solution to that too.  Shipping your items home.  There is always a ups or fedex close by that would be happy to help you with your parcel.  Or maybe the vendor may offer shipping as well.  A thought anyways.  Better then having an over stuffed suitcase.

Sorry just thinking to myself here on likes and don't likes.

So today to start off my holidays I spent and afternoon with my local red hat sisters.  A few of the girls are celebrating birthdays in the month of May.  So we went out for a dinner .  So delish and then dessert afterwards.  Stuffed to the top of my pretty red hat.  We went to the bistro at tangle bank gardens.  Such a lovely place to go.  And they have a shop there as well that you can nose around.  See some of the artesian items from around the area.  Wonder and look at the flowers and such as well.  Was nice to get to get her with these ladies.  They are so much fun to be around.

After I was done eating and all where heading for home I came back to the house to have my son there.  He finished off a project he was working in the garage on and came in and asked if I wanted to go to a movie.  So we headed off to see Andries fault.  My gosh the special effects and the action in it. I was on the edge of my seat for part of the movie.  I liked it for a disaster movie.

So now I sit on the couch and start another adventure tomorrow

This one is going to be a little different for me.  I usually drive to the airport, wait many hours after going through security to get one a plane.  This time I am driving.  Leave tomorrow morning and head up through British Columbia over the mountains and through the dales to grandmothers house I go.  Oooops getting off track here.  Yes going over the mountains and ending up in Edmonton for my final.stopping place.  I have planned two days of a slow drive and decided to be a tourist.  See something I will stop and look around.enjoy the scenery and take in all that is British Columbia.  You see I have ever really seen BC.  Whenever the two of us have traveled it is always get from point A to point B.  Not much stopping in between.  Well I hope I can see allot of it.  I leave sometime in the morning.  Right now a little scared shirtless as I am going on my own.  Hoping I might see some other red hat ladies along the way as a few others are driving up as well.  Well if I do great, if I don't oh well.

As I was saying about being a little chicken.  I have ever driven that far before on my own.  The first time I went down to the States just to go to the Silver Reef I had the same kinda feelings.  You know I got over it, bucked up and said to myself you want to do this go for it or just go home now.  Well I went for it.  Now it is no big deal and this will be the same way.  After a while I will tell myself to just get on with it and get going.  You are going to enjoy yourself in the end so stop fretting and just go see some country.  See there I am talking myself into it now.  Yep still chicken at this point but I am going to do it and start my drive tomorrow morning after the dogs are walked and I get a bit of gas in the car.  I have it mostly packed already .  Just got to put my suitcase in and I am ready to go.

Talking of suitcases.  You know how many times I opened and closed it to put more stuff in and take more stuff out.  It is just crazy what you think you might need and what you think you don't need,  then you take it out and put other stuff in.  Then you go back to your other idea and out some of the other stuff back in.  Well I am not opening it again.  It goes in the car tomorrow and I won't touch it again till I get to my first hotel for the night.  The car is just a little loaded down right now.  I have in a couple of dresses I was thinking of.  A few pairs of shoes.  You know you need different shoes for different parties going on.  You can't wear heals with your pj breakfast.  Or a pair of boots you have along for pirate event does not go great with a formal dress.  Then I brought a pair of short healed shoes just in case I have trouble with my legs and can not wear the high heals. Oh my delemas I have to think of when I do this.  Glad I am not flying. Or I would have to downsize allot to get on the plane.  I have been overweight a couple of times.  Not fun.  And coming back is worse cause you bought this stuff and want to get it home.

So my car is full and ready for the drive.  I also have a quilt in there that is going to be a giftie for one of the prizes given away during the event.  That took up a bit of room in my car.  Well it is only a little bug. So anything in there takes up allot of room.

So I guess that is it for my first day of holidays.  Will write again tomorrow night on my continuing adventure.  This experience is going to help I hope in getting rid of the chicken that lives inside of me.  You all know I am the quiet one.  Not much in the way of talking in person.  Some of you ladies have gotten a few words out of me, but I still do not say much.  Unless I get on here and I blab a mile a minute.  Talk to you al tomorrow night.  I can tell you about all the trees and maybe a deer or two and the lakes and mountains I saw on my first leg of my journey.  I know really fun stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment