a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Sunday 31 May 2015

Okay I am on my way. Yippee!!!

Look at my poor little bug.  She looks a little overloaded don't you think?
Aw my poor baby.

Well she did get me to my first destination today.  Saw lots of country and Lynette I did see snow.  Just not at our level.  He he

I know stop it already.  Sorry can't help myself.

So this morning I got up around 7:30.  A record for me.  Usually don't get out of bed unless I really have to.  Must be either excited or I am in dread of driving to Edmonton.  I did a bit of turning in bed last night so didn't get too much sleep.  Still excitement or just dread?  Well anyways this is another first for me.  Traveling a distance on my own.  Most I have driven is to an airport were I have gotten on a plane by myself.  This though is going to take a couple of days to get where I am going.  Stop when I want, eat when I want.  Sightsee if I want to see something.  Most of all can listen to my tunes instead of having a quiet car.  I do not like a quiet anything unless it is me.  Because yes I am quiet.

Enough of that.  Let's get on with my day.  Dogs got an early walk today instead of their usual later in the day.  Got my suitcase in the car and headed off.  Filled up the tank and did a stop at timmies to get a couple of muffins I could snack on if needed a pick me up.

Headed off on my drive at 10:00.  Onto highway 1 to hope and then onto the coquihalla highway to Kamloops.
The drive was pretty good.  Not too much traffic once I got out of the lower main land. A few trucks on the road, but it was a Sunday so wouldn't be as many trucks.  This was nice.  Warning for anyone else driving the coquihalla in the next few days.  They are doing some road work.  Resurfacing in places that takes it down to one lane instead of the two.  Was not too bad today.  With light traffic and only a few trucks the slow downs were not too bad.

I made a few stops to look at the scenery but that was about it.  Mostly saw trees, trees and more trees.  Once in while a railroad track and a few rivers.  Well I guess it was the same river.  The North Thompson river.  From Kamloops on up.

I went from nosebleed high to ear popping down again.  The temperature when I left was around 17 raising to a high of 29 as I went through Kamloops and then dropping a little as I came through grey wells park.  Now being a comfort of around 23.  That is Celsius for the US ladies reading this.  29 is dang warm.

I can say I do love my bug.  I filled her up in town before I left and she still has between a quarter and half with it being closer to half left in her.  She has driven over 600 kilometres today.  Not bad for a VW. I will have to fill her again tomorrow morning before I head out on my second leg tomorrow.

I stopped on this side of the pass tonight.  I didn't want to try driving through there if it started getting dark.  There are animals that sneak out on you in the dark and are all of a sudden in your headlights.  Has happened to us before and I really do not want it to happen while it is just me.

So am now in a very nice hotel room.  Yeah doing my silly blog, watching the boob tube.  I took a bit of a walk after I had myself something to eat in the restaraunt downstairs. Then realized this is skeeter country.  I was still in my shorts and tank top.  Comfy clothes to drive in but not so good when you start meeting up with skeeters.

My meal was a regular I order.  A noodle dish.  But they put something a little different in it.  It tasted great.  And was all bubbly and hot.  The garlic toast was a little over done so I couldn't eat it but I did enjoy the entrie.

The hotel is nice but to get to the second floor they do not have an elevator.  Makes it kind of difficult if you are taking your suitcase upstairs.  I love the wood they incorporated into the stairs and the bar downstairs.  Made out of logs.  Gives the place a rustic look.  Well I guess that is why no elevator.  Rustic.
Wow just look at this hat rack.  I could put that to good use.

There is the bar
Also here is a few pictures from my drive today.  Love seeing the Rockies again. With the snow on the top.

So had a good day.  No problems today and hope no problems for the rest of the drive up and back.  I am having fun.  Why did I think that this would be dreadful.  I guess the chicken just like to come out and yak at me about what I should not be doing.  Well I am doing it and I am loving it.  My confidence is coming around.  

Talk to you tomorrow if I have wifi.





No comments:

Post a Comment