a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Tuesday 16 October 2012

Well another event done

All dressed up and yes someplace to go. Don't I just look darling in my giddup. Check out the pictures I have added at the bottom. That is if they will come into this blog.

This was a hospic Galla called the time of the diva. Well I have my purple dress on and my red hat and away I go. All by myself. No one in the group I belong to is going. Soooo I guess I am going on my own. It will be fun I hope.

I drive over to Abbostford wondering what I will have in store for me. I don't go out to many places on my own or to places that I have never been to on my own. Oh Gaul what have I gotten myself into here.

First off I pull into the wrong drive and get into the parking lot for the college. Well at least I am in the right area and not somewhere across town figuring out were I should be. I have done that before. It is usually with my hubby and he does not appreciate that. Anyways back to reality. I get myself into the right parking lot by going around the back of the college parking lot. I then pull into a spot and wonder. Okay am I in the right place or not. I do not see see any sign that says pheonex lounge. Well time to walk into the building and see. Yes right place!!!! Now do I pay for parking. Good no only if it is a big event. I guess this is not classed as a big event.

Really I am in the right place. Yes!!! I see ladies with red hats sitting over on the bench waiting to go in. Also allot of divas dressed up to go in as well. Okay should be a fun night. Hoping anyways. We finally are shown to our table. We are put up higher which is behind a post and not able to see very good. So we are moved to another table. Much better and are close to the buffet. Starving so hope we eat soon. Shucks another half hour before buffet is served. Entertainment started. There was a Jamacian singer and a comedian slash magician.

I end up sitting across from the queen bee herself. She made me very welcome. Relief, relief, relief.

Buffet is served. Great, buns, 3 types of salad, potatoes, veggie dishes, and chicken and salmon along with desert. Beautiful and plentiful. Stuffed to the gills I was. The event went on for the night. They sold little beaded purses and with a ticket inside for a draw at end of night. Some of the purses had surprises in them. I ended up with a piece of silver and cultured stone earrings. Very pretty.

The big prize draws at the end of the night were a pair of black diamond earrings worth 3500 dollars. Wow!!! The other prize was a spa visit worth a good chunk of money as well.

There was a silent auction as well. I took a look at the items for bid. Allot of beautiful stuff that included jewellery, clothing items, and accessories. I saw a very pretty necklace and put a bid in on it thinking someone will probably outbid me. You know no one else bid on it and at the end of the night I got myself a 300 dollar necklace for 75 bucks. Not bad. I guess my taste isn't the same as allot of other people. There was also one last draw from names put in a silver bucket. I got another set of earrings out of it. Lucky night for me

Not a bad night all around and I did have a good time as well. Meal was great. Company did not bite me or ignor me as I would have thought. Which is usually what happens when you are the new kid on the block and they already have their circle of friends.

The queen also said to please come back and do some more things with the groups. She called me a daring diva ( a name given to ladies that set out on their own instead of traveling with someone else). Well I am going to keep being a daring diva and get out as much as I can. I need this in the worse way or I am going to be board out of my gore sitting in the house staring at my hubby in retirement.

That's kinda it for this night. Had a great time and met some new friends. Enjoyed myself despite the fact I wasn't sure I should go myself. I am getting out if this shell. Lets hope it keeps happening. Next time out is Friday night. I am going to a play and out to Mission Springs for a meal with the ladies from my own group. Another fun night of being with a few ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment