a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Wednesday 24 October 2012

red hats to the rescue

what to wear, what to wear?

I have a couple of events to go to in the next couple of weeks.  One is very close to my birthday and on that time instead of the red hat and purple outfit you have to switch and wear a purple hat and red outfit.

I don't have any red or purple in my closet at all.  now what do I do.

Well to make a long story kinda short.  I headed to the thrift shop today.  was actually looking for a costume to wear for halloween.  I think I have it figured out.  That is if I am working that day and have to wear something.

 But while I was in the thrift store I saw sooooo many red hats and sooooo many purple hats.  I was just in my ellement and decided to get a couple.  Some of them are pretty goofy.  there is a shiny one and one with a flower on top and then another one that looks kinda cowboyish.  Then there is a sorta clown one.  I couldn't decide and went and bought a whole slew of them.  What am I thinking.  Now I have a closet full of red and purple hats along with a couple of purple scarves to go along with any outfit.

I was trying them on when I got home.  I still think I look pretty dorky in a hat and some of them are just plain dorky all on their own.  But yes I am going to wear them.  One to this event and another to something else.  Really starting to get into rednessdom.  If that is a word.  With a little purple thrown in to mix up the pot.

I'll get the usual from my hubby.  You are not going out looking like that are you.  I will give him a big resounding YEAP!!!!  and off I will go.  Feeling just as silly as he thought I looked.  He called me a bag lady last time I went out.  Well thanks allot.

So now I don't think I have to wear the same red hat twice for at least a month or two.

 I was working on decorating one here the other night.  Got purple feathers from a boa all over the house.  That was a bit of a mess to clean up before the dogs started eating feathers.  I just have to put a few more stitches in to keep things in place and will have it done.  maybe that one since it is purple I will wear for my birthday time.  Or maybe it will be too big to wear to a play and will have to figure out something else.  Well will decide when the time is right.

Well who knows.  for now I am having fun with it so enjoy I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment