a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Sunday 21 October 2012

Another event over

And many more to go. I have a social life now. Well at least I think I may have one.

I went out the other night to a meal and a play afterwards. There was only three of us at the meal. It was good company though. We talked and got to know each other a little more. I am starting to feel a kinship with these ladies. Feels so good to be able to talk with someone. Even if I am not that comfortable with talking with people. So maybe after a few more times out I will start to feel even better about going out with people I really don't know. It is really hard for me to get out to know people. I am more of a home body and have trouble getting out to do things. So now am pushing myself to get to know a few people.

So now the meal was at the Mission Springs. After we were seated we started to talking and didn't get around to ordering as soon as we should. Talking just kept up. Finally the third time the waitress came back we had finally decided. One special for the queen(. That is what the head of the group is called). A burger for another lady and me I had my usual. Lasagna. Meal was great, then again at the Springs it is always great. Too much for me and had to take home a doggie bag.

So this is the first time I have been to a play in Mission. Just down the road from the Springs. It is a small theatre that sits about 50 people. Just a store front area. Seemed kinda interesting. Down across from the train station. I wasn't sure what to expect. A lady sitting behind us moved because a hat was blocking her view. Didn't think much of us sitting in front of her. The hat was taken off anyways and Could have probably saw everything anyways.

The play had five parts to it. With an intermission in between the third and fourth section. The play had seven actors to it. Very interesting to watch.


I hadn't been to a play since I was in Campbell River many years ago. So was a joy to go again.

Well the next outing will be coming up in November. I have a women's night out on the first. The 3rd I am doing a craft fair to try and sell some of my woodworking. Then on the fourth I am going to another play in Langley. And then on the 17th will be going to Cloverdale for a red hat event at the raceway. On the 18th will be doing the eagle fest in Squamish.

As I said I think I now have a social life. Feels so good to say that. Most of my time up to now has just been watching the tv and working on my crafts. Not getting out to do much of anything. Now I get out and get to acted crazy and not worry about it because the ladies I am with are just as crazy as I am. Still have to come out of my shell a little though. I gues that will come with time. I hope anyways. Would like to be a wild and crazy person once in while.

Will tell you about my next event later when I get more info on it. Well I am having some fun anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment