a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Monday 28 July 2014

running around in circles just to get ready for #RHSSanFran2014

Well it has been a week. Ii have been looking through my stash. Finding stuff I do not even remember I had.  Looking for thingsIi think should be there but can not find.  This is getting frustrating.

Let me just give you a look at my delema

This is my room of red hat paraphanalia.  Three racks full of dresses and such.  One hat rack of hats and another shelf full of hats.  I have a little over two weeks to figure out where all of the things I want to take with me and What i going to stay at home.  So far with the dress i have and the crimolyn to go with it I have one suitcase already full.  I thinkI can do it if I can scrunch the crimlyn down should be able to get a few more things in.

So I started sorting.  that took a couple of days. My fancy dresses are in one place.   My victorian dresses are together.  Skirts and bustles are now hung together.  I have halloween costumes from years past that i use to were on halloween in there as well.  There are boostiers and shawls and jackets and pants.  Purple, Purple everywhere.  While hubby was't home the living room was full of dresses just to make room
Ya see what I mean.  the living room was just full.  I then had to put it all back in this room  another chore and it had to be done before the other half came home and wondered what the heck was going on.

In this rearranging and sorting I found some goodies that I had misplaced and ordered were they were.
 My fan











My traveling buddy and my parasol
I also found some knick knacks I had gotten at past conventions that I should put out and display instead of being in a box someplace.

So now everything is sorted,but still the problem.  What the heck am I going to take to San Francisco.  I have ideas but I just have not gotten around to figuring out what I need yet.  This is just so overwhelming.  I say oh that would be great but then I look at something apse and I say yeah that would be good too.  You know I think I just have too much.  Oh heck I know you can never have enough red hat stuff.
  
Well I think I better get into gear here soon or I will be going without anything.  Hey you know I could buy it all there.  Oh yeah right then I would have to figure out how to get it home.  I plan on buying a few things anyways but I think that would be a little over board.  then I would have to figure out where to put it when I got home.  Also wondering whetherI really need this stuff.  Yeah yeah I am going around in circles again.

Well I know what dress I am wearing for the chocolate ball.  I know what I am wearing for the Bling Bling Romp.  I have a pretty good idea of what to wear for the victorian breakfast.  well at least that is a thought between three dresses I have here.  Then there is the two shows I am going to see.  there is the butterfly social.  But that one is figured out.  just have to purple it up a bit since it is a halloween costume and has a little purple but allot of green.  that will not do.  Maybe a shawl of purple and a bustle to purple it up a bit.  

then there is the shoes.  How many pairs do I need.  one for walking.  One for dress up.  One for a pirate event.  I have a fancy pair of boots for that.  then maybe I need my sandals so my feet will be a little cooler and comfy.

Well the last thing to think about is what hat to wear with what outfit.  Another big thought thing.  More circles to go around in.  .  I have big hats.  well decorated hats.  then there is the fascinators for smaller things.  then there is my trailing hat.  
I know this one is very blingy.  I am a pin collector. I  ay happen to find a few more to put on while in SanFran.  That is going to make it all the more heavier, but dang I think I will stand out at the airport.

so now I get thinking about this.  I have too much.  but dang I am enjoying myself.  will probably collect more before I am too old to do this.  you know I am never going to be too old for the red hat society.

Oh yeah one other thing.  I need trading cards.  those i got last year and have been handing out diligently, but with all of this other things I am putting in my suitcase.  where in the heck do I put my undies and toiletries.  

Well you know I better get a move on or I will be going naked.  I don't think anyone will want to see that.

So I will keep collecting on my red hat things and enjoy every minute of attending things and meet new ladies.  I will do this until I am old and sprie and still have my blonde hair.  When I die a very old happy red hat lady I will go to convention Heaven proudly wearing my red and purple.  where I will laugh and play all day.  I will not be able to take my purple and red with me, but will gather new purple and red on my journey. As for the things I leave behind.  well I guess they will be someone else's problem

So or now I run in circles and enjoy myself.  and wonder what I will wear to what.  Dress all nice and purdy and laugh until the depends are needed.  

so now will go to my room and look in wonder at what the heck I have done.  I need to pack.  so in circles I will go.  ALMOST TWO WEEKS AND COUNTING!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment