a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Thursday 28 February 2013

Well I am getting way too into this (obsession I think)

I got home from work tonight and started on the computer.

Well lets go back a couple of weeks here first. Another funvations came out over the Internet. Or maybe it was a few months ago, but I just got an update on it here a few days ago. So I did a silly thing and e mailed the person running it and asked if there was still room to be able to go.

Quick response. Yes there is still room. So I did a silly thing and sent off the application to go. I am now going to Reno Nevada. Yeah another little trip. I should stop or I am going to be spending way too much. But for now. Since I can still move around and want to spread my wings I am going where ever I can go and do a little traveling. Have a little fun and act like a red hatter. Or maybe a mad hatter the way I am going.

So now on the Internet tonight I went to Expedia and got my flight to Reno. Then went on the phone and made the hotel reservations. Then while I was at it I made another hotel reservation for another event that is coming up. So now it looks like I am doing something each month for end of the summer and into the fall. Hmmm!!! What am I going to do if I can't get off work in order to go. There is a problem. Cross that bridge when I come to it.

So now that I have that done. I have to get to work on making a hat. This one is a special hat. Well not that special. You see one of the events has to do with making a hat out of a lamp shade. So tonight I have sparkled it up. I took some glitter glue and started to sparkle. Tomorrow when it is dry. I will start by putting on some feathers, boas and lots of bling. Maybe will look okay, then again maybe not. Now the big question is. I am making this am I suppose to wear it if I am not doing a runway walk. Or am I just waisting a little time making something I really don't need to. Well anyways it is a fun thing to make for now. Something more to put on my shelf of red hats.

I have decorated a couple of them. Not sure where I would wear them. Well one I can wear to a funvations. For a gala night. Just have to pack it in a suitcase and not have it crushed. Then I can pull it out of the suitcase and see how flat it will be and hope that it still looks okay. Yeah another bridge to cross if that happens. Just pack my clothes around it and hope it will be okay.

Yeah I am making allot of hoping for the best.

So now that I have spread my wing so to say I have to follow through on this. Each time I fly I will be flying out of bellingham. This is going to be an experience in itself. I have never flown out of there. Always tried to get out of Abbotsford or Vancouver. But looking on the Internet I have seen that it is cheaper to fly out of there and more convenient. If you fly out of Vancouver you have to go to Seattle and then San Fransico or maybe a few other places before you get to your destination.. When it is out of bellingham I only have to make on stop over and then it is on to my final destination. So I guess I am driving down to bellingham and getting on a flight there. So an hours drive to make it more convenient and cross the border driving instead of doing a big security check in the airport.

So now the chicken shit I am has to get the gumpshum to get up off my duff and do these things. Now that I have committed my self. Well one I will be traveling with some other ladies. So will learn from that and then start the travel things on my own for the rest of them. Or maybe some other ladies will be going the same time I am and still get to travel with somebody. Well I am just a worry wart. I can do this. I will do this and have a fun time.

No comments:

Post a Comment