a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Thursday 28 February 2013

More sparkle, sparkle

I have been here in the living room all night working on a couple of hats.

One is a lampshade hat. You takes lampshade and bling it up. Well I think I might have done okay. At least I am hoping I have accomplished something. Picture is at the bottom. I took some taille and wrapped it around the outside. It was sparkley and left a mess all over the place. Then I had found some people kids necklaces from the dollar store and put them around the top along with some garland of purple to fill opinion the hole on the top. From there I had picked up a few ornaments at the dollar store of birds, dragonflies and some bead type things that I will glue on another day. By the time I got this all done for the night I had sparkle everywhere. I used the vacuum to pick it up but I don't think I got the half of it. I can still see most of the stuff on the floor and on the couch and cushions. Humm this is gonna be fun to get rid of. Anyways finished off tonight by putting on a ribbon to be able to hold it on my head. Tie it around my chin. Well tried that tonight and it still really didn't stay on too well. So got a baseball hat to put under it. That holds it in place.

Now the thing is I may have to wear it someplace. I think I will be some dork to have to wear it. Hopefully there will be other ones so I don't feel so bad. This event takes place in the fall so don't need to worry about it for awhile.

I also finished off another feathery hat here tonight. Something just to pass the time. I am not sure where I will wear this one. I have two funvations coming up this year and one more next year so maybe at one of them. Have hat will travel is my motto right now. Red hat that is.

Tomorrow night will be heading out to dinner with the ladies in my own group. Then we are taking in a play afterwards. Sounds like a good night. We did one of these last year and I enjoyed my self allot. Good company and lots of fun talk. The play is a mystery this time so should keep us guessing all the way through.

Red hat hugs to all. I will be off air for a little while after this. Holidays await in another week.



No comments:

Post a Comment