a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Thursday 14 February 2013

Hoot, hoot, hoot

Well I had my first experience at a hoot.

A hoot what the heck is that. I have never heard of a hoot. Well now I know. It is a gathering of a group of people just to enjoy others company.

In this case it was a group of red hatters gathering together just for the fun of it.

This hoot was held at Willowbrooke mall in Langley British Columbia.

I had gone alone and didn't know anyone there so it was a little overwhelming for me. As I am a person who does not get out much and meet people in the first place. The few that I did know where just acquaintances that I have met on Facebook mostly. This is where we talk. Well at least this is where I talk. And find out info on red hatting. Beside talking to my queen about what is going on.

The meeting place was just past the food court. There was goodies of cookies and squares and coffee. Too bad I am not much of a coffee drinker. Yeah getting off subject, I know.

They also handed out a goodie bag. With some nice yummy chocolates inside. I do love chocolate. A list of places that was doing discounts in the mall for purchases. And specials that where going on.

So I was there for a couple of hours. Sat and talked with a few ladies then went off to wander the mall. Took a few pictures of the ladies in their hats and bling. I also got a ticket so I am able to go to the pirate dinner going on in September. Another fun event to go to. Along with a good meal and good conversation and many laughs.

Over by the pantry was a quartet of singers. My goodness did they sound so lovely. I stood around and listened for awhile. Then went off to do my favourite thing.

SHOPPING!!! Yeah something I shouldn't be doing. You know holiday coming up should not be spending money on other things. I did find a couple of cover ups that should keep some of the sun off me while I am walking around in the next couple of weeks. So that I guess is okay. I also found a couple of CDs that were a cheap price. So more music i can put on my iPod and enjoy while I am siting on the plane heading to my holiday. I also stopped at chapters and found a book on Orlando. Should help me be a better tourist. ( I hope)

So that was it for finding out what a hoot is. I think it would have been a little better for me if I had some company to wander with. I get some place by myself and wonder what the heck I am really doing here. I still don't like going out much on my own and going into situations were there are allot of people I don't know. Mind you I am trying. I do get out in some social areas. But still the big chicken shit I have been all my life. Courage Brenda lets get some here!

I just put on that magic red hat and hope for the best.

Next thing will be a play here I mission with my own little group. These ladies I am getting to know and AMA little more comfortable with them. Then in the month to come will be going to a craft event with the ladies of my group. So I have a little support there.

I guess that is about it. Things coming up to do in the future were I will be traveling on my own. That is going to be an experience for me. I will be fine. So I say to myself over and over again. The courage wavering back and forth right now. Just have to push myself and hope for the best I can do. Wish me luck




No comments:

Post a Comment