a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Monday 7 January 2013

I have the bug now

Well I not sure which blog to put this on. The old Harley biker broad or the red hat one. You see this has to do with travel. So it could be put on either. Well for now I will put it on here and as I travel it may be on both.

I got an e mail here a couple of days ago from my queen. There was a convention going on in Sacramento. Well that kinda put the bug in my ear. Started looking around and deciding whether I could do this or not. It sounded like fun but traveling alone. Well this chicken shit of a person had to wonder about whether she would do it or not.

Well I started writing to Sacramento and asking questions. She wrote back saying that there were ladies going from my area and that I should make contact with them. Okay more bugs in my ear and I was getting intreged about this. I really want to go, so wrote to one of the ladies on my Facebook page asking her if she knew any of these ladies going. Well the response I got was just overwhelming. I had lots of answers to my question in no time.

Found out that there were a few going and that if I get my butt in gear I will have ladies to go with. First thing get off my registration. Second get that room booked or they will be gone. Thirdly get to a travel agent and book my flight. Well I got the room done as soon as I got off Facebook and e mail. So that is done. I was told that was the last room available. Tomorrow I will be into travel agent and get airfare one and then head to post office and get the registration mailed.

Well I was back on e mail tonight and the hotel has opened up more rooms according to the lady running the convention. So more room for anyone wanting to go. I didn't take the last room.

Well anyways my story goes I AM GOING TO CALIFORNIA. Am so excited. I just love that I joined up to be a red hatter.. I had my doubts when I thought about it, but I wanted to get out and meet people before I retired and got to know people in another prospective then work.

So far I am having such fun. I have been out to a couple of plays. Have gone to a gala were you got to dress up real purdy. Something I don't do too often. I have enjoyed good meals out with great conversation and lots of laughs. I have found places in mission I never knew existed.

I was just a home body until these ladies came into my life. Now I may get to do things I never dreamed of doing. Well that is to be decided. I can act like myself and hope no one takes too much offence. I can be a real dork sometimes. Ya know. See look at me I am blogging yeah that is kinda dorky I think.

Well anyways the jest of this blog is to say. I have taken a plung and put some fears behind me ( I hope). And get out and do some things beside sit in the house and do my knitting and saw dusting, family tree and watch the boob tube. Well and stare at my hubby because there just ain't nothing else to do.

I was dreading retirement but now maybe there is a light at the end of this tunnel after all. That will be more promising then what I thought. I have to keep doing and moving so I don't eventually end up with my illness in a wheel chair. Which is my third blog I have going.

Well anyways to say again. I thank you ladies for taking me in and entertaining me in the only way you know how. With friendship.

And again I am going to California. Oh this will be such fun and hopefully I can stay out of this shell long enough to really enjoy it.

Wish me luck. I am trying. Boy is it hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment