a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Thursday 1 November 2012

well not really a red hat thing, but I went to enjoy myself anyways

I went out again tonight on my own.  It was to a ladies soiree in Abbotsford.  it took place at Tanglebank Gardens.  There was demonstrations and gifts galour to buy.  Lots of food to enjoy as well. 

I seen a couple of ladies I have ment before who are red hatters,  but for the most part I was on my own.

It is nerve racking to get out and do things on your own.  I am trying though.  Just have to keep the courage up and get out there and do things.  It is the only way I am going to be out in the world and meet people.  If not I believe I will sit in my house upon retirement and twiddle my thimbs.  Doen't sound like a good plan to me.  So push myslf and get going.  That is my new motto.  I know it is hard to do.  Right now I feel pretty good for what i am doing. Hopefully i will be able to keep it up and not go back into the shell I have lived with all my life and scared to do anything.

So next place to go will be to another play.  This will be happening this weekend.  First I have to do a craft fair on Saturday.  Show off all my wares.  Hopefully I might sell something.  That is always debatable.  Then on Sunday anotheer social event with the red hats.

This will takee place in Langley.  Meeting up with another group and enjoying a lunch at a pizza place and then going to a Christmas play.  Souinds like it will be fun.

For this event I should be wearing a purple hat and red clothing.  You see it is my birthday month and at that time you revese the colours.  When I was at the thrift store  I picked up a couple of purple ons as well to enjoy the occation.

I guess will write again after this event and tell you hpw it went.  I intend to have fun.  Wish me luck

No comments:

Post a Comment