a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Sunday 4 November 2012

Today was a great day out

Well the morning didn't start out too good. Hard to get out of bed. Did a craft fair the day before. So standing there all day and not selling a dang thing is just frustrating.

So now this morning was just so hard to get out of bed. Even with the change of time it still did not help much.

On top of that had to go get groceries this morning and then head out to meet the queen at 12:30 to head over to Langley. The guys left the house before I did so had a few minutes to myself to get myself in some order.

Well I did get myself out the door and headed to the queens place. I even was there a little earlier. So sat and read a book for a few minutes when I got a call to come over a little earlier. Seem she did not have something out of her car and had to need help to get the roof off so she could get it out. Well it was easy to do. Oh we get to ride in a convertible BMW. Nice ride.

The other lady showed up and we headed for Abbotsford were we picked up one more lady. Then on our way to Langley.

The queen started worrying that we would not get to the theatre in time to pick up ticket. Well to top off this drive a train decided to cross our path as well. Making us even later. So Pauline called the theatre in order to keep our tickets on hold. It was a call centre she called. You know what? The call centre was in Los Vegas. They gave us the number for the theatre and then that place was called. Just got an answering machine there.

Well to make a short story even shorter. We did make it and our tickets were not given away. Yeah got to see the play.

The play was called Christmas Bells. A comedy. Yeah it was very funny. It is about doing a production of trying to make a pageant for Christmas. What could go wrong did go wrong. Yeah it did alright. Actors got sick. Family members find out dirty little secrets and props are not what they are suppose to be. It was one laugh after another.

After the play was over we headed to the pizza place and enjoyed a meal. I ordered myself a nice steak. Ummmm medium close to rare. Yummy. Caesar salade. Was just confey with what I had. Then out came a piece of cheese cake with a candle in it. Oh no going to be overstuffed now.

You see my birthday is tomorrow. So since I had worn a purple hat instead of a red hat it was telling everyone that it was my birthday. Thus the cheese cake. I even got kazzoed to. That is the official instrument of the red hats. So a few sang and some kazzoed me.

Well I guess that is more then I will get from home. There is no sentiment in this house. Just another day so my hubby says. So tomorrow will just be another day for me I guess.

Now for the long ride home. It is now dark and just a pouring out. The freeway seems kinda busy too. I am glad I am not driving. Good conversation goes on all the way home. Finally back in Abbostford. The weather is not much better. All that BC sunshine we get around here.

So we drop off one lady then head back to Mission. Then off we go our separet ways. Home I am to well you get it. Hubby not happy about something. He is banging and cleaning getting dishes out of the dishwasher. I guess I am not doing my duties again. Well I have not been home all weekend to do anything. Okay stop complaining. Life is not going to change.

So to sum it up. I had a great time. Thank you red hats for being in my life. I have someone or other now that I can relate with. Also thank you red hats for a great day and nice to have my birthday acknowledged at least. It was a very nice day for me and look forward to many more days like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment