a sea of red hats

a sea of red hats

Thursday 30 May 2013

Sewing away on a new project


Pirate day is coming up.  Thought I would make something to put into a raffle for it. This is the first section.  A silhouette of a pirate ship.  Moon in behind..

So far so good.  It took me a couple of weeks to get this far. I am just putting bling around the outside now. Beads.

Next section is going to have a parrot on it.  Beautiful coloured bird on a branch.  Hoping this will turn out as good as the ship did.

Then it will have a background of crossbones and skulls.  On the back I have a piece of material that is purple and has crossbones on it.

Well I will keep plucking away at it and hope it turns out.

As for red hat things going on.  There is not much in this month except the international hoot day.  There are two of them close by here.  One is at the tulalup resort in Washington.  The other is in Stevenson .  You just drop in and socialize then do your own thing for the rest of the time.

I am not sure whether I am going to either of these.  They are a bit of a drive.  I did say I wanted to spread my wings and do this stuff.  If I am feeling a little better I may go to one of them.  I asked for the day off so will think about it.

So since not much else on the books will close on a short note here tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment